All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. La nuit silencieuse. ( last version )

La nuit silencieuse. ( other version ) Dans la nuit, silencieuse comme une feuille désolée, j'écoute une chanson qui revient dans les bois pour donner la lumière des instants fugitifs... Francesco Sinibaldi La nuit silencieuse. ( third version ) Dans la nuit, délicate comme une feuille désolée, j'écoute une chanson qui revient dans les bois pour donner la lumière des instants fugitifs: c'est le son de la mort, le sourire d'une étoile qui m'appelle dans le noir en créant l'harmonie d'un silence éternel... Francesco Sinibaldi La nuit silencieuse. ( last version ) Dans la nuit, délicate comme une feuille désolée, j'écoute une chanson qui revient dans les bois pour donner la lumière des instants fugitifs, c'est le son de la mort, le sourire d'une étoile qui m'appelle dans le noir en créant l'harmonie d'une image éternelle: et là-bas, située dans le centre d'un terrain très boueux, une fleur épuisée meurt en silence comme le souffle de la vie qui d'un coup disparaît... Francesco Sinibaldi
  3. Earlier
  4. Who's Still Here? and Miscellaneous...

Wow. Just recovered my old account. Anyone from the 2007-2010 era still posting in here? George?
  5. Someday that cloud... ( other version )

Sometimes, in my fantasy, while a fleeting belief reappears in my mind recalling the youth and the luminous splendour of her pretty blue eyes... Francesco Sinibaldi
  6. Una emoción perpetua. ( last version )

Una emoción perpetua. ( other version ) Después de la tarde intenso y constante regresa el sonido del viento impetuoso que mueve las hojas dejando en los campos la nueva tristeza del silencio perdido... Francesco Sinibaldi Una emoción perpetua. ( third version ) Siento el mágico canto que viene de lejos donando la luz de una efímera calma: después de la tarde intenso y constante regresa el sonido del viento impetuoso que mueve las hojas dejando en los campos la nueva tristeza del silencio perdido... Francesco Sinibaldi Una emoción perpetua. ( last version ) Meditando sobre el pasado siento un mágico canto que viene de lejos trayendo la luz de una efímera calma: después de la tarde intenso y constante regresa el sonido del viento impetuoso que mueve las hojas dejando en los campos la nueva tristeza del silencio perdido... Francesco Sinibaldi
  7. Who's Still Here? and Miscellaneous...

Hey! I'm still here from time to time. Just out of habit I suppose. I also check the reddit page for Regina. But yes I miss the community feeling of this place as well. -Emma
  8. Who's Still Here? and Miscellaneous...

I'm sure there are other threads for miscellaneous but everything seems pretty old or from last year... HOw's it going? i miss this place...
  9. If You Haven't, see Wild Rose

Brought me to tears by the end - sort of like The Visit. xxx
  10. Eet

Hi, I think it’s my first post here, so let me just say that I just love Regina’s songs, from the first album, as soon as I started to ear… tears of joy came tumbling down my eyes. Today Regina still has a very special place in my heart and I feel so grateful for her songs and her presence at stage. I really think a lot about the Regina's lyrics, and I agree with rainna that “I definitely think that there are no right or wrong interpretations when talking about lyrics. We understand them differently because we are different.” I think the interpretations I read here of this song make a lot sense and they enriched my experience of the song. I’m presenting another one, which has to do with who I am and what I am living at present. So this is as much about me as about the song… and, sometimes, I feel like I’m “in the flow”, where creativity and pleasure just flow together easily. This song reminds me of this flow state in this part: “You were always singing along It was so easy and the words so sweet” For me this also is connected with another song from Regina “Consequence of Sounds”: “The consequence of sounds Got a soundtrack in my mind, All the time. […] And I'd like to turn them down But there ain't no knob.” I associate both songs, because, for me, they are talking about the same thing: inspiration, living in the moment, just feeling free, like the world is inside of you, trying to speak out through you. Like you’re a vehicle of some kind and the freer you are, the more it talks through you. In that sense it also reminds me of other songs by other artists, like Caetano’s “Alegria, Alegria”, or Bob Dylan’s “Blowing in the Wind” and “Mr Tambourine Man”. But whereas “consequence of sounds” is talking about not being able to turn down the sound of the powerful and unending inspiration inside, in Eet it’s different: “You spent half of your life trying to fall behind You're using your headphones to drown out your mind” Here the attempt to turn down the knob, fall behind or “drown out your mind” is in the past… For me this makes a lot of sense, especially in this stage of my life, where I fell madly in love, and it seems I got so connected and lost in this person (or the image I have of her) and so disconnected from myself, and from a source that I could find when I felt utterly alone and independent in my walk in life... Now, I’m trying to build my dreams with her, but I feel like there is some dishonesty in all of this… like if I’m lying to her, and mainly to myself, just to make this more-than-wonderful love to work out. So, in this sense, the song also makes sense for me, because there’s like a sin that makes me fall. In this case the song talks about “Someone's deciding whether or not to steal” And that’s what I’m doing, deciding whether I’ll go forwards with stealing this happiness that is not for me, this intense, crazy, but ultimately alienating love, or if I shall stick with my lonely, and perhaps smaller and meaningless, but truer life. Going forward with falling in love, stealing this wonderful feeling, feeling finally at home and safe, feeling loved and that I achieved all that I wanted for so long… it’s just… at hand… it’s just “falling” in love… But then, opening the window “just to feel the chill” I can see what will happen, my true voice will be suppressed… “Cause it's his turn but his brother won't let him try” In other words, it’s the turn of my independent inner spirit to talk, to say the craziest thing coming from nowhere, coming from the Tambourine man, to try to be whatever it feels like being, even if doesn’t fit. To feel the beat and let my feet flow to wherever the music, the world, free creativity, sends me. But the “brother”, the false me, the loved me, the attached me, won’t let the true voice try, to come up. Because it knows that it would break everything: this perfect life, this perfect love. In life, at this particular moment at least, I feel that I have to make a choice, to steal a happiness that is not for me, or to be free and true to myself. I can be happy, extremely happy, and live a huge love affair… But… I will lose my feet in the process, the beat that guides my life. Do I want that? No. I prefer to be miserable with a beat, with my feet, to be free, blowing in the wind, to that sound of the Tambourine man. I’ll keep the beat and my feet. And I won’t say sorry to my Love, because I feel that, in reality, that’s the only true way to be me with her. That’s the only path I can see for a true meeting of the souls. Everything else is partially pretending. And I don't want to pretend. The “beet”, that Regina talks about, I think, is precisely a consequence of living a true life. It is the distinguishing mark of a “true life”. Not only do you feel inspired, but you follow your inspiration. You are true to the tune, to your true self, following the consequences, and this is what keeps you in the flow. Whereas stealing a perfect but fake life will leave you with just the (f]eet part, a kind of longing of what it used to be, to live in the flow, to be connected with your own source, without being really able to remember how it was fully, although the memory of it still sparks. So I’ll just dance and dance to this song… As I slowly regain myself and my path, my tambourine man, my beat and my feet. Sorry, it’s a kind of different interpretation, perhaps very far away from what Regina intended or felt. But… you know, that’s what I’m feeling now when I listen to it. Just sharing with you…
  11. La douceur d'une pensée. ( other version ) Assis dans les ombres d'un chêne millénaire j'observe l'harmonie d'une image lumineuse et alors, quand la lueur d'une pensée se propose dans l'esprit, je rappelle son sourire... Francesco Sinibaldi La douceur d'une pensée. ( third version ) La nature m'enchante en donnant un sentiment d'extrême tranquillité: assis dans les ombres d'un chêne millénaire j'observe l'harmonie d'une image lumineuse et alors, quand le souffle d'une pensée se propose dans l'esprit, je rappelle son sourire... Francesco Sinibaldi La douceur d'une pensée. ( last version ) La nature m'enchante avec sons mélodieux qui évoquent la jeunesse en donnant un moment d'extrême tranquillité: assis dans les ombres d'un chêne millénaire j'observe l'harmonie d'une image lumineuse et alors, quand le souffle d'une pensée se propose dans l'esprit, je rappelle son sourire... Francesco Sinibaldi
  12. In the part of a melody... ( other version ) Near the ledge of an ancient farmhouse the juvenile blackbird is singing with joy and this tender happiness, like a delicate breath, touches the heaven to cover the light of a fugitive feeling... Francesco Sinibaldi In the part of a melody... ( third version ) Near the ledge of an ancient farmhouse the juvenile blackbird is singing with joy and this tender happiness, like a delicate breath, touches the heaven to cover the light of a fugitive feeling: you live in the silence, your hesitant motion is coming alone to find in the freedom your usual strength... Francesco Sinibaldi In the part of a melody... ( last version ) Near the ledge of an ancient farmhouse the juvenile blackbird is singing with joy and this tender happiness, like a delicate breath, touches the heaven to cover the light of a fugitive feeling: you live in the silence, your hesitant movement is coming alone to find in the freedom your usual darkness... Francesco Sinibaldi
  13. An essay writing task is a compulsory task for every higher studying student. This is why some students go to online writing support to get their work easily. When going to an online service the students must know the service well. So must try to know the chosen service’s essayist writing goals in your ordered paper. They must offer a skillful outline on the essential essay writing works on given subjects. The chance that clients require not about the subject and then author goal is must be on educational. If the client needs to have more than on the subject, then author goal is to show knowledge and insight with the subject. The students must be asking to keep a discipline in their writings. Here language and feelings on the subject in a goal and large way. Writing faulty essay is one of many approaches to crush a thought. A best essay writing service will keep great organization and top mark plan on their essay writing. The essay writing begins with the reasons of an assessment, presents an arrangement of essay writing, and afterward discusses the sequences in using quantitative or subjective essay writing. Therefore a writing service will keep a best service and nature of essay for their clients. Even they will cover the essays with thankful guidelines and enough arrangements. You can have a best writing support by finding the best review service of the online. A true service will always keep best papers and writing plan for their customers. Try to read the website review of chosen site before going for placing your essay order. So some online service will give best reviews to kind the users. So find that type of service and then try to read it and know it very well. This will aid you to select a best essay writing service for the college writing works.
  14. The martin's song.

In the light of a white rose there's a delicate swallow, the sound of a stream and a gentle delight. Francesco Sinibaldi
  15. If anyone needs sheet music...

Hello to those who are not marked up
  16. If anyone needs sheet music...

this was recently shared to the Regina Spektor Facebook group https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m40iamydyenrwfg/AACFIpgK2OMRUqz6HCQJ1tora?dl=0
  17. Survival Guide to Soviet Kitsch

I’ve been looking for this forever... have any other files you could share?
  18. If anyone needs sheet music...

All of these are making those transcribe in that experienced things
  1. Load more activity