Hey y'all! I need someone's advice on this.
Normally I'd ask my friends, but they can't provide it for one reason or another, so here's the run down.
I recently started a youtube channel with one of my friends. That was yesterday. Today I get this text message:
1. Hi! Saw your show. First of all, I never heard u speak so many sentences at once. Second your motivation is I am going to slap u if u dont stop being so silly. Third wassup with the button up shirt show some skin. Finally what is with the tiny instrument? I think your old enough for a full size guiter.
(I played a ukulele in the video)
It's a number I don't recognize, so I text back:
Thanks for that detailed reply. Now it would help if I knew who you were...
2. One of your Internet audience. I am just sayin that if you want to be a star u got to give the audience a little somethin okay El Guapo. Also u have some dirt on your chin.
(In reference to my facial hair)
Reply: Have you a name, perhaps?
3. Just a fan.
(At this point, I'm starting to get creeped out. Who would have my number? Did my friend give it out to them? No, she wouldn't do that. That's unlike her. Also, that last comment sounds like my sister. But my sister wouldn't text me from an unrecognized number....)
4. Now you have your motivation. You are so chatty. I have seen u around. I thought you were a mute.
(That's where the creep factor really starts to ramp up.)
Reply: Can I at least know how you have my number?
5. U are a bit of an exhibitionist.
6. U gave it to me. Now don't be mad. Dont u want to be a star? What is your next show? Are you going to learn a 5th chord? You sing an Olivia Newton song.
Reply: Or are you a bit of a stalker?
(I'm wondering if this person realizes how poorly intonation travels over text.)
7. Really. U should not drink.
Reply: ? You make no sense.
8. Dont be dramatic. Get it.
Reply: Don't be dramatic? Do YOU know who you are talking to?
(I'm a theatre arts major. I like being dramatic. That's how that works.)
9. Joe Jonas?
...and that's where the problem comes in. Two days before, I was talking to my friend, the one who filmed the youtube video with me, and she had told me I had Joe Jonas hair cause of the hat I was wearing. It was a creative way of saying hat hair. The person on the other end of the line was her Aunt, who was trying to have some fun with me. She failed. Now I'm left all creeped out and mad and no one to be mad at. I did give her my number, a long time ago for when she was organizing a surprise birthday for her neice, and my friend obviously had nothing to do with it. The worst part is, she played to each and every one of my major insecurities without meaning to.
I'm thrown off by the fact that a complete stranger can tear you apart unwittingly.
Any advice on what I should do? If anything? I feel like I need to do something to at least get rid of this weird betrayal flavored after taste; even though I realize no one is at fault.