Sign in to follow this  
stwongbad85

"Marry Ann meets the Gravediggers and other short stories by regina spektor"

Regina mentioned this on her myspace blog today . I Thought I would share. New compolation being released called "Marry Ann meets the Gravediggers and other short stories by regina spektor". I took this from her blog cuz i didnt feel like paraphrasing

"Also- i have a little compilation coming out in the U.K. called "Marry Ann meets the Gravediggers and other short stories by regina spektor"... long title, i know... it will have original and very beautiful art work- a sketch for each song on the record- and will consist of songs from my 3 records (11:11, Songs, Soviet Kitsch)... "

Regina mentioned this on her myspace blog today . I Thought I would share. New compolation being released called "Marry Ann meets the Gravediggers and other short stories by regina spektor". I took this from her blog cuz i didnt feel like paraphrasing

"Also- i have a little compilation coming out in the U.K. called "Marry Ann meets the Gravediggers and other short stories by regina spektor"... long title, i know... it will have original and very beautiful art work- a sketch for each song on the record- and will consist of songs from my 3 records (11:11, Songs, Soviet Kitsch)... "

Looks like im gunna have to go back to buying stuff on E bay since this will apparently only be released in the UK from what i understand. oh well. Time to see if that paypal account is still working

quote:
Originally posted by stwongbad85:

Sounds excellent, maybe what the mini-tour is for. To promote it, hopefully.

Just blogged from Reg my peeps:

"just to answer a bit of confusion that has emerged from my previous (sp?... previos? ok, i give up, it all looks wierd) post...

The compilation in the U.K. will have 3 songs from 11:11, 5 songs from Songs, and 4 songs from Soviet Kitsch... so there you have it- 12 songs total, and they will be little stories i chose to sit together in a CD... I don't think it will come out till january, and it's my own fault- i missed a bunch of deadlines because of working in the studio and since i approve every tiny little thing that happens with my music, well- we all just gotta wait now...hmmm."

Later days

Shawn

any body have a quess as too which tracks will be on the album? We should have a pool like with the final four in basket ball. here are my picks

11:11 - Marry Ann - Pavlovs daughter - Braille(that might be my fav song)

Songs - Consequence of Sound - Samson - aching to pupate - daniel Cowman- prisoners -

Soviet Kitsch - Sailor Song - Us - the Flowers - ghost of corporate future

Somre of my pics are just songs i like, and others are suggestions from the tittle and songs that are very descriptive and story like. Lending themselves to illustrations. But u make your own . Remember, 11:11 = 3, Songs = 5, and SK =4 12 total.

whoever is closest wins a brand new mountain bike!!!!!!!!!!!!

my picks are as follows:

11:11 - Marry Ann, Pavlov's Daughter, Back of a Truck

Songs - Prisoners, Consequence of Sounds, Oedipus, Daniel Cowman, Reading Time With Pickle

Soviet Kitsch - Sailor Song, Ghost of Corporate Future, Chemo Limo, Ode to Divorce

It'll be released in January '06 by Transgressive Records apparently:

----------

Regina Spektor is our third, album-type signing. Her first official UK unleashing will be the 'Mary Ann Meets The Grave Diggers & Other Short Stories' CD-DVD / vinyl-DVD set(s) in January '06; it compiles her first three records and is themed on her more character-based paeans.

----------

Carbon Monoxide also available on 7 inch in November.