Sign in to follow this  
monsterinyourcloset

Favourite Regina Album?

Songs ranks up there for me too. It's not an official album collection, but I like my CD with all the demos especially. 20 Years of Snow, Movies, Raindrops, etc...

Later, The monster in your closet (I must admit I prefer a monster over an evil monkey residing in there any day)

Shawn

well, if samson and braille were on soviet kitsch, it'd be that album hands down....

but on a whole, i'd say my favorite is soviet kitsch. somedays just is the perfect closing song for that album. it gives me chills everytime...

They are all around the same level, but if I had to put them in order...

11:11

Soviet Kitsch

Songs

But they are all good for different reasons... but 11:11 my favorite, simply because of "Braille", "Pavlov's Daughter", and that the track order is absolutely perfect.

Soviet Kitsch is a quirky, great album, and "Somedays" is absolutely beautiful.

I still love the starkness (just Regina and the piano) of Songs, but it is Regina's weirdest--"Daniel Cowman" and "Reading Time With Pickle" especially--not to say that these songs don't have their moments.

A bit unrelated, but what were the 5 songs that didn't make it onto Songs?

I guess Soviet Kitsch is my favourite at the moment, tho on the whole I tend to listen to random compilations of live unreleased/demos loads more than any of the album... Hero of the Story/Bartender, Loveology, Dance Anthem of the 80's, Open, Pound of Flesh, Apres Moi le Deluge, Blue Lips... so many amazing unreleased songs....

xx

"Songs" is my favourite album, with Lounge and Lulliby as my favourite 'songs'.

All the other albums rate equally, although I've been listening to Begin to Hope the most recently...