Sign in to follow this  
monsterinyourcloset

Favourite Regina Album?

Soviet Kitsch for me. It's just a really well balanced album. I'm a really big fan of the production/song arrangements on it as well. I'm also a fan of EVERY song on it. They all have their place on the album and they're all excellent pieces of music.

It is a hard choice: I love them all, all special in their own way.

1. Live in Bullmoose - each song is a masterpeice and I love the "live recording" feel.

2. Songs- great originality!

3. Soviet Kitch

4. 11:11 and Begin to hope - I know they are very different but I love them the same Smiler

For me it's definetly BEGIN TO HOPE! Songs is in a very, very close second. But I just can't get over how spectacular Begin To Hope is. I don't usually like stuff that sounds very studio, but Begin To Hope is breathtaking and braintrouncing. That Time, Better, Apres Moi, such powerful songs! And speaking of Songs... Songs is practically as good (IMO, of course). Songs like prisoners, Daniel Cowman, and reading time with pickle are as good as any songs that anybody does.

You'd think that Soviet Kitsch would be the best, since it's a happy medium between the completely raw perspective of Songs and the completely dolled-up perspective of Begin To Hope. But I'm someone who always likes the extremes. Like... people would always tell me "You should be such a Pearl Jam fan! I mean, considering the bands you like..." and I do like PJ a lot, but I'd rather listen to Nirvana and Neil Young instead of going with the intermediary that is Pearl Jam.

hahaha.

I've yet to get 11:11 and Live at Bullmoose though.

quote:
Originally posted by Might Make A dollar:

For me it's definetly BEGIN TO HOPE!

Me too. 11:11 is second for me. I love the big production on BTH. I would have loved to hear what David Kahane would have done with "Pavlov's Daughter". That is my favorite song from 11:11. I can hear Joni Mitchell influences in 11:11 a lot.

Songs is nice but it is too naked for me. I do like all of the classical influencs in her piano playing. I hear a lot of 19th century french art songs in the piano parts.

Regina's songwritting just gets better and better with each record. Her performances were always amazing though.