Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

"Uh-merica Live!" single from Irving Plaza

Nah, the note wasn't from Regina. It just said heres your rare as all test print. 1 of 10

Love Transgressive Records- X

That's about the gist of it.

Later bud

Shawn

I forgot to say:

I got an email a few days ago telling me they sold out too quickly, and that I could have my money back or something.

Instead I'm waiting. They'll be pressing a limited edition "Us" 7" in the near future, so my $16 (USD) will get me the regular editions of the limited editions of "Carbon Monoxide" and "Us."

So yeah, I guess it really is limited to 10 copies.

Has anybody out there listened to thier CM/ Uh merica records yet?. Because mine seems to be warped. The past several vinyl singles i have purchased have all had this problem. The your honour/flowers vinyl is warped, as well as a ben folds and okgo singles i have purchased recently. I am wondering if they get messed up durrign shipping, or if they are being printed cheaply by companies/distributors that dotn usually make records and thus are of lower quality..........

or am i just getting reallly reallly unlucky everytime.

I have tons of other vinyls by artists such as the strokes, white stripes, death cab etc who put out all their work on cd and vinyl, and i never have any problems with their merch.

let me know if anyone else is expeiriecnign this as well.

____________________Love,

___________________________David

^ Could it possibly be your record player?

P.S. I got a something in a white sleeve from them, and a regular Carbon Monoxide single. So I don't know if the white sleeve is the "Us" test pressing, or someone else's cancelled order for the "Carbon Monoxide" one, or what.

I don't actually have a record player. Oops. :P

Nope definatley not the record player which is a direct drive quartz lock turntable, (one of my best purchased last year) which is practically inveincable, unless physically abused (compared to belt drive tables that can wear out and slow down from being overplayed). Plus i have tons and tons and TONS of other LP's 45's etc's that all play fine on it.

-david

From the couple of months that I've worked at UPS since I've moved to Chicago I can bet the Vinyl record was warped during the shipping process. I don't know who the company was that shipped yours but most shipping companies use a fairly standard way of shipping and the processes go through many temperature changes. The main problem is when its sitting in the truck for several hours; whether its in the warmer seasons baking in the inside of a crowded truck with mostly metal interior, or if it's in the winter sitting in the front of the truck with the heater on, it's possible for warping. Usually not major warping but we all know it doesn't take a lot to throw off a record player. It's not really an ideal item to ship but everytime you receive one try pressing it between two books or any two sturdy items in an upright position for the first day.

Thanks for the tips Djano! I almost worked for UPS last Winter, but alas it did not happen. That warehouse is one big barrel of monkeys (but of course you know that). I know how gentley packages are handled there have plenty of friends who were employed with them, but of all the dozens and dozens of records I have had shipped via, UPS, USPS, FedEx, and what not, I've never had a problem with LPs. Its only singles. Ohh well.

_____________David