Sign in to follow this  
Sharon

London (Camden) Show

quote:
Originally posted by daveconbrio:

I loved the show, fantastic as ever ("Fidelity" & "On the Radio" - i think that's the title - have become recent favs), but (stop me if I'm ranting!)I seemed to get stuck behind two hormonal American guys who just couldn't stop commenting on the Spektor's chest region (for an hour!) and got way too excited throughout when she made noises they thought sounded rude. It was kind of distracting you know? Sure, i'm becoming a bit of an old grump, but sometimes I wish people would keep stuff like that to themselves and just enjoy the music rather than talk over it. (rant off- sorry!)Wink

That must have been so annoying! Thankfully most of Regina's fans are a little more mature than these two!

It was a brilliant night on Thursday. I really do love seeing Regina play. I can't wait for the next time. And I have spent the whole day today playing Soviet Kitsch and Songs.

My train was late getting into London, so I missed the support act and was stuck at the side, rather than being down at the front, but Regina was absolutely wonderful.

Stuart

It was the greatest!

regina seems so modest the whole time.. which is nice

and she played all the crazy songs i like.. like baby jesus.. I was going to shout "Pound of Flesh!" at the end, but then she played it just as I was about to. So cool. Definetely going again in January. Smiler

the Camden gig was good, but i thought Reg was very quiet between songs. i saw her at CabaretVoltaire in Edinburgh a few months back, and she was really chatty and interacting with her audience much more. both were great gigs and i was chuffed to be there.

i thought Matt Pond PA (the support band) were pretty good. i spoke with the drummer and lead singer after the show, we did share a mutual admiration of the fantastic Spoon from Texas. look 'em both up.

thanks

roland