Sign in to follow this  
Geogaddi.

Sorry Stwongbad85, but my spelling mistake was not meant to convey something of an insightful nature. It conveys the fact my computer dies every few minutes so I have to type without hesitance. However, if this does make me appear to be lyrically deep... I'll run with it.

Later Days

Shawn (he who knows not the spelling errors of his ways)

I wish my eye was capable of keeping things away from a cinematic look. Doing so brings disappointment.

I haven't worked on a film since two days after my father died. I could work... there are a thousand stories bustling through my head. I just don't have the energy, the need to do so. I could lay this all upon his passing, but I can't. Just before he passed I left my desk job. This job was always placed in my mind as the thing that was keeping me from doing what I really wanted. It was what was keeping me from letting loose all this contained energy. My last day there was 3 days before Christmas.

Had one commitment as a DP and an excuse of having to arrange for announcements and meetings with lawyers. That's all behind me and what is there? There's no excitement for what could be next. All I want to do is practice the fine art of insomnia and form a duo with a sad accordion player.

That feeling of destiny feels far behind. I've been the soggy shoulder for all my friends. Even with my family this is true. I routinely listen to the woes of them and I have no outlet of my own. I love this medium, but it saddens me that with family and friends abound this is the only way I can let it out.

It has been nearly 2 months since I've listened to one of Regina's songs. It's been 2 weeks since my mornings first thought wasn't of a music filled future or the chance to see her again. To be clichéd I feel dead. Fun can be had to some extent.... but in the middle I just remember where I'm at and where I want to be. The need to be there still inhabits me... there's only a shred left of my drive to get there.

My family every-so-often states I should continue on and then they follow moments later with some guilt ridden statement. "You don’t have to stay here..... well what are we supposed to do when your not here?". They're kind hearted, they just don't ever see what they are doing.

Perhaps by this time next year I'll be somewhere new. This is what plays in my mind before the vision of myself on the same old bed appears.

I love writing (especially without a deadline). With all I write you can never really tell what's going on in there. Just this little moment of sadness that will pass shortly once I rub myself up in Vicks and crank up the humidifier. My second bout of sickness since the turn of the new year. (January 1st) First chicken pox and currently strep throat.

Just need to shake a feeling that this 23 year old grown man can be saved without his own effort.

Good night from Las Vegas; my hometown, my little self imposed prison, and my future past.

Later times,

Shawn

I certainly must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread... even if it is somewhat self-indulgent and schizophrenic at times (Geogaddi, this clearly refers to you).

But where is this going? Is there some grand scheme that is going to be proposed? A plot - not unlike Dan Brown's factually fictitious 'DaVinci Code' - revealing that there is some sort of link between the elements of all of Regina's collective works that, once discovered, will snowball into a puzzle so profoundly complex and mysterious in nature, that the key may reveal that which is at the very essence of humanity? The proverbial ANSWERS to the questions that have intrigued since the dawn of man?

Will there one day be statues of a baby Reginas in windows everywhere, simply due to THIS? This potentially future shaping phenomenon that is on the brink of discovery?

Will Geodaddi's journey of self-actualization culminate as he becomes the one true profit, and keeper of the new Church of Reginism?

-----fantastical hypothesizing-----

----------healthy pondering--------

------------ reality --------------

Ummm.

It's just beautiful music.

(ed. Right on, yo. Right on.)

Thanks Ed.

quote:

Will Geodaddi's journey of self-actualization culminate as he becomes the one true profit, and keeper of the new Church of Reginism?

-----fantastical hypothesizing-----

----------healthy pondering--------

------------ reality --------------

JC u just made my day..lol

Geo-D , that video you found is spectacular. Someone needs to email that guy that filmed it and squeeze the rest of the footage out of him. (i tried emailign him, but the message had an error and sent it back to me...i will try again later)

__________Love,

_________________David.

*PS* Sorry for not formattign this into standard 9 page long rhetorical contemplative essay format or S9PLRCEF as it is commonly called

Hope i did't break the rules

Good call on asking for the rest of that video Daver... from what I can find, that site isn't any older than 2005, but I could be wrong. At the very least, that video hasn't been up for that long, so you would think that the author would still be around?

I got a response from the guy taht filmed the show, and he did record the whole thing! (Freaking YAY!). He wants to ask permission from Regina/management to share it. and needs some time/ maybe help to get it all put together.

Is anyone else as excited as i am?!

--------Love,

_____________________David

Yeah. I hope that video includes a lot of 11:11 songs. I don't think it's necessary to get permission from her management though... isn't Regina all for bootlegging anyway? In any case, I look forward to the video, whenever it appears.

Well! I've not been around these here parts in quite some time. What the hell has happened?! There appears to have been a melodrama pandemic. And an enjoyable fever it is, too. Stay sane, my friends.

GEOGADDI!

Yay, you're still alive! I thought you went into the ultimate land of emo and OFFed yourself. (If you tried and failed, and are subsequently feeling 'more emo than ever' my apologies for bringing it up)

To your question though! Which oddly, reads more like a cocky statement, hmmpf! - I shall reply with the following:

No, Regina hasn't written 'a love song' about me. On the contrary, Regina has written ALL of her songs about me. Not one - every single one.

You see, my name is really Hans Christian Anderson, but my friends call me Samson (Daniel Cowman made it up, an old bartender friend of Regi and I). I live on the 8th floor of one of the buildings next door to Regina, and some say I'm a genius (I negotiated a better price on the place due to a recently fixed carbon monoxide leak). I had a brief stint in the Navy, but I thought it would be a good idea to quit one December. Regina and I met shortly thereafter, when I broke up with a girl named Mary Ann, whom I had met in Dusseldorf. There was that time we found a wallet too, and we drove to another town (a small town) to return it, but the owner's uncle Bobby was the only one home. We talked about his funny colored eyes afterwards. We stayed in a hotel for the night and watched some movies, the best of which was High Fidelity. I'm an aquarius. Somedays when it rains, Regina and I lounge in folding chairs on my terrace, and watch the raindrops on the flowers in the field below. It reminds Us of Paris. When it's summer in the city, we eat soup in the sunshine, listen to 80's dance anthems, and bob for apples until we have blue lips, just for fun! Then we kiss in the back of my truck until they feel better, and smoke some of my secret stash 'til we're flyin. That's usually when she starts calling herself Reginasaurus and I pretend I'm Oedipus. You might think it's strange, but if that's the case, you need to open up your heart and realise that this is how it works in a love affair.

There it is folks, I've finally unravelled the mystery for all to see! I couldn't hide the truth any longer! I hope I'm not seen as a lacklustre end to the dedicated years of sleuthing Mr. GEOGADDI has done! (And Sleuth he has my dear friends.)

Hark, I believe Regi beckons now! Hurrah I say! For I must go to her, in a land of dreamy bliss, to delve deeper into what some may call "irreversible dementia". I call this place, GEOGADDIA. You really must visit sometime!

JC, you just made me smile like the cheshire Cat even before my 9:30 am coffee. kudos to you.

Also, you have just described several dreams I have had involving Regina where we run away together and do several of the above listed things.

.__________________Love,

__________________________David