Sign in to follow this  
Geogaddi.

I smile... I smile widely. If this forum were for me I would either be mortified or laugh at all that we say with many grains of Kosher salt.

Still smiling. (my ears are currently filled with the lovely sounds of Yann Tiersen... I feel cozy in my earmuff headphones)

Later days and eerie proclamations of love,

Shawn

If this forum were for me, I would bake everybody on it fresh chocolate chip cookies, whith little sprinkles of cinnamon and nutmeg.

But its not....so no cookies for any of you!!!!

Man i really lost it.........sorry

Falling in love with Regina's Music is great. Falling in Love with Regina is another matter. I cant fall in love with someone I dont know. Trying to figure someone out from their songs is a fruitless endeavour. Great musicians and great writers may be sons of bitches to live with. Most are attention seekers who do poorly in one on one relationships. Treat her like a fantasy lest the reality of her will confuse and probably disappoint you. Find a nice person who will be there in spirit and person for you. We all have this fantasy person that will satisfy all our desires- they dont ever fully exist in real life

GEOGADDI, I just started reading your latest post, and it looks like a doozie! Before I forget though, I feel the need so say that I'm not a messageboard shit disturber. And smug, jeeezzz man. That's harsh. Maybe you hadn't noticed, but pretty much everything I've posted in this thread has been fat-tongue-in-cheek, wry-smiled, self-entertainment, so please don't take me seriously, ok? I'm serious.

(going to read your post now)

---10 years later----

Ok, I read that big long 'confession' of yours Geoduck, and I'll be honest, I wish I hadn't.

IF IT'S REMOTELY TRUE: I will never hear any of those songs the same way again. Instead I will think of your depressing story, and how I wish I hadn't read it. On the less-selfish flip to that, I would be forced to feel bad for Regina (times a million!), because a tale like the one you have conjured here, places her into emotional darkness, vulnerability, pain, etc. (as good as that may be for writing music)

IF IT'S COMPLETELY FABRICATED: I will say it was a well pieced together story, but you've probably scared Regina and should stop. I mean really. What if none of those songs had the slightest thing to do with you/your split personality? Consider that. Humble pie can be delicious if you top it with some whipped rationality.

CONCLUSION-ISH STATEMENT: You see, whether I believe you or not, you've wronged Regina. This is why I'm not pleased to have read your story. It freaks me out to think about it. But you have some explaining to do now...

How the hell did such a connection build between you two if you had never actually met? The only evidence you gave to any correspondence whatsoever was

1) 3 letters that you wrote to her (which can't be proven)

2) secret coded messages that Regina posted to you, that noone but you could decipher (have you seen 'A Beautiful Mind"?)

3) Regina's messageboard (but the supporting posts have conveniently disappeared into cyberspace)

Listen, I'm not saying that you are certifiable (yet). I just want some morcel of delicious evidence to help me digest this motzah ball. So tell me, how could such a relationship build if you never spoke? How did you know she was waiting for YOU at the show? How do you know the story behind her tutu? When, how, where?

You can't tell a story about feelings developing without exploring how they developed in the first place. Fact or fiction makes no difference, fill in the holes damn it.

This is fast becoming my favourite ever thread! Intriguing stuff, all in all, if a tad warped by a touch of the vapours.

Geogaddi - I was creeping around the forum myself in those days. I must say: I'm a fairly close reader when it comes to these things, and I can't remember noting any implicit quotes from posts cropping up in 'ginka's notices. I agree: wherefore art thou, Lambchop?

quote:
or you can give out empty hi-5’s

JohnnyC, give me a High 5!

Mr./Ms. Geo,

British heavy metal band Judas Priest was sued over a 1985 suicide pact made by two Nevada schoolboys. One of the two boys survived, and the lawsuit by their families claimed that a 1978 Judas Priest album contained hidden messages. The words "Do it" were allegedly audible when the record was played backwards, and the letters S U I (supposedly for "suicide") are in the sleeve artwork. The case was dismissed after evidence was introduced that the boys had grown up in "violent and depressed" surroundings, and after the band demonstrated that other, nonsensical, backwards messages could be found if one exercised enough imagination. Judas Priest members also commented that if they wanted to insert subliminal commands in their music, killing their fans would be counterproductive, and they would prefer to insert the command "Buy more of our records."

In the Britney Spears song "...Baby One More Time", the "I lose my mind / Give me a sign" lyrics sound like "sleep with me, I'm not too young" when played backwards.

I hope your parents are not litigious in nature, or I fear someday Regina could face a horrible lawsuit from you or your next of kin. Regardless of whether your tall tale is true or not is irrelevant. There are some clear signs of some kind of misconcieved notions on one or more of the party at hand.

________________Love,

__________________________David

P.S. sorry for the Now 230 posts i have made, i know that with all my flooding of the forum, it makes it harder for Regina to sift and sort through the messages to find the ones that require encrypted responces. (or i guess she could just use the search feature)

* this forum is out of control.