Sign in to follow this  
Slickertm

Loving Regina's Music is like Riding a Bike...

Having been away on a little theatre tour, I was placed in a house that didn't believe in television or music.

What an interesting experience, they asked me to prey, and instead of stirring up weird feelings with people I never know, I just closed my eyes and thought about what makes me happy, that seems like the appropriate thing to do.

A few days later I'm hear and Carbon Monoxide comes on with me and Regina having a chat about how she'd 'walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk" me home (and yes that's the right amount hehe) and immediately was cradled by it.

I don't always make it to the forum much so decided to make this board for all the times I'm going to come back and say thank you again, and anyone else who can't think of a better reason to make a board other than to say 'mmm Spektory goodness'

(Oh and see "Prime" with Marryl Streep, funny movie)

Having been away on a little theatre tour, I was placed in a house that didn't believe in television or music.

What an interesting experience, they asked me to prey, and instead of stirring up weird feelings with people I never know, I just closed my eyes and thought about what makes me happy, that seems like the appropriate thing to do.

A few days later I'm hear and Carbon Monoxide comes on with me and Regina having a chat about how she'd 'walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk-a-walk" me home (and yes that's the right amount hehe) and immediately was cradled by it.

I don't always make it to the forum much so decided to make this board for all the times I'm going to come back and say thank you again, and anyone else who can't think of a better reason to make a board other than to say 'mmm Spektory goodness'

(Oh and see "Prime" with Marryl Streep, funny movie)

Ok, sounds good. Mmm, Spektory goodness! Hey, you're right it DOES feel good! Tho' I hope loving her music isn't like riding a bike as I used to fall off a lot. I don't want Spektory bruises. But Spektory goodness I have always wanted and never knew it until you mentioned it... ok and I heard her stuff!

Wanna hear a bitter sweet story?

Yesterday, I was sitting on the grass listening to the trees whispering in the wind when I saw a fuzzy little bunny hop out of the bushes. I said, "Hello, little fuzzy bunny, I'm gonna name you Lopez." Lopez stood on his hind legs, looking at me, his eyes reflecting the sun. I said, "You wanna be my friend, Lopez?" He stared at me, his nose twitching. He took two hops toward me and looked at me again. I said, "That's wonderful, Lopez. I'll bring you a carrot the next time I see you." He hopped toward me and sat next to me. I said, "I love you, Lopez. Let's be friends forever." Then he looked up at me, smiled, and winked. He turned around and hopped back into the bushes. Today I came back with a carrot. "Lo-pez",I cried. No answer. "Lopez, I brought you a carrot!" Then, a bunny hopped out of the bushes. "hi, Lopez", I said. Another bunny hopped out of the brush. "Lopez?" Then another, and still another, until twenty bunnies were squeaking thier demands for the carrot in my hand. I ran away. I suspect that none of those bunnies were Lopez...I never saw Lopez again...I never got to give him his carrot...

The End

That's a disappointing story Caramella!

ANYWAY

I just wanted to say that I completely get Slickertm's original post here. I have had a week or so go by from time to time where I neglect my Regina collection, but then one day comes along where, suddenly, there it is again - on the forefront of my thoughts, the lyrics running through my head.

It's at that point that I wonder where I went astray. I beging trying to remember when was the last time that I listened to Regina. Why did I stop? Damn me! And suddenly, there's this wonderful moment of rediscovery, and the obsession begins anew. It feels great every time.

CC that story makes me go HURRUMPH, and I shall definately be visiting the purple sky you speak of as soon as I can.

As for Lopez, the unfortunate connection originally made me read a little quick as I imagined you feeding a 'latino' pop sensation a carrot. My bad.

http://www.sogoddamnyoung.org

Delicious regina live: Recommendations:

Baby Jesus, Edit, Summer in the City, Ghost of Corporate Future (played on cello thanks! yum!) Barte- wait a minute I'm listing everything...

This is in no way really contributing to this thread..... I just never learned how to ride a bike. Just thought I'd chuck that out there. Smiler

Later Days

Shawn

quote:
Originally posted by Shawn:

This is in no way really contributing to this thread..... I just never learned how to ride a bike. Just thought I'd chuck that out there. Smiler

Later Days

Shawn

Well quite personally I think thats cause for celebration, well done...you should go listen to...hmm... $2.99c Blues to commemorate this moment, possible not the moment you learnt how to ride but in fact the moment i learnt that you had learnt how to ride a bike! Bravo.