Sign in to follow this  
adamjk

Maryann meets the Gravediggers art...

that cover art is also the design on a t-shirt she was selling at shows back in august (no clue as to whether or not she sold them in Europe/still has any) I cant remember if she drew the design herself. (i know she drew another shirt previously for sale)I remember somehow coming to the conclusion that it was someone one else, but that may have just been a dream where I happened to meet that someone else, and I ran away with Regina's Shirt/Graphics designer and we lived a simple yet sophisticated life in the Alps, making small crafts and julery.

but in all likelyhood, Regina probly did design it.

_____________________Love,

____________________________David

I remember hearing somewhere, I think in the BBC2 interview, that she had an artist do the illustrations in "Maryanne Meets the Gravediggers..." in the style of Edward Gorey, which should look awesome. Regina still could of done the cover I guess, I don't think any of us doubt her talents.

Well that one is in the style of Gorey and looks pretty good. It's possible that Regina has a circus trained chimp called Zeppo to draw for her so that she can concentrate on her musical work. I'd like to think so in any case.

But then, I need more cake right now so wot do I kno?

The cover is definitely Goreyish; it'll be interesting to see how she chooses to incorporate that style into her illustrations of the chosen songs.

Out of curiosity Girish, did the naming of your artistic circus chimp come from an admiration of

Herbert "Zeppo" Marx (haha, though its not very flattering to name a chimp after someone you admire), or was it just purely off the top off your imagination?