Sign in to follow this  
nightofme

Bear spektor ??

Okay fellow stixers here is the master plan... I'm going to meet and fall madly in love with Bear Spektor and we are going to get married and live happily ever after and my last name will be Spektor and my children will call Regina their aunt and me and Regina will then be related and practically sisters.

OH and you're all invited to the wedding of course but only after I make sure Bear's sister can attend. Reg's "Real Love" will be the wedding song.

This is now officially life's number one goal haha

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

Okay fellow stixers here is the master plan... I'm going to meet and fall madly in love with Bear Spektor and we are going to get married and live happily ever after and my last name will be Spektor and my children will call Regina their aunt and me and Regina will then be related and practically sisters.

OH and you're all invited to the wedding of course but only after I make sure Bear's sister can attend. Reg's "Real Love" will be the wedding song.

This is now officially life's number one goal haha

Once he can see a photo of you or one of your dance videos, I'm sure you wont have any problem. Smiler

He was born after they came to new York in 88' so even if he was born in 88 it wouldn't make sense but I know for a fact that's his b day, also a lot of Regina's songs were written years before they were released

quote:
Originally posted by mikael253:

He was born after they came to new York in 88' so even if he was born in 88 it wouldn't make sense but I know for a fact that's his b day, also a lot of Regina's songs were written years before they were released

Yes, but the final album version was probably not recorded years before, and considering the track in question is not even a song...

Anyhow, he could very well be 13 or 14 and his voice just hadn't changed, hence the adorable kid voice. I love how he and Regina have the exact same accent in the recording.

First of all. The Spektors didn't leave Russia until 1989. Regina was 9 "and a half" she always says.

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

how do you know for certain? Confused

Second, Regina has made various comments at earlier shows about her brother, going to camp etc. The most recent and informative being in Feb 2007 when some asshole photog flipped her off. In her response to him she said that her brother was 16, "and the only one allowed to give her the finger." See THREAD.

So it's all perfectly reasonable that he was born in 1990, in America. The voice on Soviet Kitsch, recorded in the early 2000s or whenever that may have been exactly, has his little boy voice on it.

If you're still skeptical think about it in terms of logic. Regina was born in 1980, to parents that were certainly not a teen mom & dad. For regina to be 23 and have a "baby" brother is, well, not particularly reasonable.