Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyC

The Complete Spektography - Every. Single. Song.

Another brief little mention: I'm pretty sure Bartender had a demo recording as well, but it's only listed as Off and LRec.

Recording of it available from Respektonline: http://respektonline.com/music...c/demo/Bartender.mp3

It's definitely a different studio recording than the BTH version. Smiler

As already mentioned before, the White Session demos need to be listed as such,

Left Hand Song is only listed as OffLRec, but she frequently performed it live as ALIHFPI prior to it's current status as Left Hand Song w/ Joshua Bell. Or are the two supposed to be listed separately (even though they're the same song? I didn't see ALIHFPI anywhere on there though...).

Would it be prudent to add "LRec" but in bold red (implying it's currently unavailable) to School Is Out? Only because if one is going to include Pyromania in this list, wouldn't is also make sense to then accept the rest of the information contained in the reference regarding how she also performed School Is Out at that show?

And isn't "Soup," actually "The Soup?" I'm not entirely sure... just always seen it as such.

I'm also currently trying to determine if the Genius Next Door demo is actually such, a "demo," or not. And if it is, then it needs to be added to the list as well. Smiler

Oh.... and obviously all the tracks from Live in London need to be listed as OffLRec. Smiler

Sorry if any of these seem nitpicky or unnecessary or anything? Idk... I really just feel like the idea of finding every single little piece of Regina that has EVER surfaced should become my new life goal...

^^

Everything in your post is correct. Left Hand Song should be listed with OffLRec and LRec.

The one I'm not sure about is listing LRec next to School is Out. Since there's no other similar situation, I don't know what the policy is on that.

Reading time with pickle also needs to be updated. Also, is there any news of the Hero demo that was mentioned in a thread a while back. From from what I can remember I think it was found along with the Hotel Song demo.

quote:
Originally posted by IDontCare:

Another brief little mention: I'm pretty sure Bartender had a demo recording as well, but it's only listed as Off and LRec.

Recording of it available from Respektonline: http://respektonline.com/music...c/demo/Bartender.mp3

I realize this is splitting hairs, but none of those are "demos" as I would define them; they're live in-studio radio sessions. That version of Bartender is from a radio session for XFM ca. June 2004; both "White Sessions" were recorded for French radio. They're neither discarded studio recordings from album sessions (what I would call "outtakes"), nor are they rough versions meant to demonstrate ideas for what a final studio recording might sound like (a "demo").

By this definition, of course, a lot of so-called demos might not be demos after all.

I realize this is splitting hairs. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

Not at all! The problem is that once a song gets mislabeled somewhere it's hard to trace down it's origins e.g. I compared the XFM Bartender and the one I had in my demo folder and you're absolutely right, they're identical. But it would never have occured to me to compare them. It's good to have someone that just knows Wink

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

quote:
Originally posted by IDontCare:

I realize this is splitting hairs, but none of those are "demos" as I would define them; they're live in-studio radio sessions. That version of Bartender is from a radio session for XFM ca. June 2004; both "White Sessions" were recorded for French radio. They're neither discarded studio recordings from album sessions (what I would call "outtakes"), nor are they rough versions meant to demonstrate ideas for what a final studio recording might sound like (a "demo").

By this definition, of course, a lot of so-called demos might not be demos after all.

I was definitely unaware of the Bartender demo actually being a radio session, thanks for pointing that one out to me!

***EDIT***: Nvm, I just looked up the info on the White Session... turns out the radio broadcast DID have that setlist... hmmm. I wonder what I read that made me think that they were a studio session??? Hmmm...

quote:
And isn't "Soup," actually "The Soup?" I'm not entirely sure... just always seen it as such.

I'm also currently trying to determine if the Genius Next Door demo is actually such, a "demo," or not. And if it is, then it needs to be added to the list as well. Smiler

there's not really any way to be sure with "the soup;" "belt" has been "the belt," "eighth floor" has been "eighth floor window," "movies" has been "just like the movies," "left hand song" has been both "meat ball song" and "a lesson...," "the machine" vs. "machine," "ballad of a politician" has become "ballad of a lovable dictator," and "ne me quitte pas" is [possibly] now "don't leave me..." and these are just things that i know for sure have officially happened. in addition i've seen in the past "secret stash" as "no one," "the devil come to bethlehem" as "joseph and mary," and "raindrops" as "i belong arm in arm with you." and then there are all the ones we don't have official titles for yet.

and i'm pretty sure the gnd demo is not actually a demo. is it from the same set as the bartender "demo?" i thought it might have been.