Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyC

The Complete Spektography - Every. Single. Song.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

The one I'm not sure about is listing LRec next to School is Out. Since there's no other similar situation, I don't know what the policy is on that.

LRec doesn't really refer to it having ever been played live, it refers to us having a live recording of it. There are probably many songs on the list that have been played live but since there isn't a live recording we didn't put the LRec next to it. should we continue to keep it this way?

quote:
Originally posted by Reginasarus:

AAAAAH only need Opposite Ends, and Reqiem Aeternam. Then i will have them all :P

I realize you posted this a long time ago - but I have these songs if you'd like them Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by jesse:

and i'm pretty sure the gnd demo is not actually a demo. is it from the same set as the bartender "demo?" i thought it might have been.

As far as I know, the "demo" of Genius Next Door is not actually a demo, just a really good live recording.

quote:

there's not really any way to be sure with "the soup;" "belt" has been "the belt," "eighth floor" has been "eighth floor window," "movies" has been "just like the movies," "left hand song" has been both "meat ball song" and "a lesson...," "the machine" vs. "machine," "ballad of a politician" has become "ballad of a lovable dictator," and "ne me quitte pas" is [possibly] now "don't leave me..." and these are just things that i know for sure have officially happened. in addition i've seen in the past "secret stash" as "no one," "the devil come to bethlehem" as "joseph and mary," and "raindrops" as "i belong arm in arm with you." and then there are all the ones we don't have official titles for yet.

Most of those titles have never "officially happened"--they're just bootlegger titles that people like me have slapped on unofficial recordings.  That said, some are a little more "official" than others:

• Regina always referred to Belt without the article.

• Similarly, she always referred to 8th Floor without the "window".

• The shorter title came from the leaked demo back in late 2003, but Regina always referred to the song on stage as Just like the Movies.

• Although ultimately titled Left Hand Song for release, she previously referred to it consistently as "a lesson in how fleeting preservation is".

• I was told by someone whom I believed that Regina referred to the song as Secret Stash at a show I didn't attend (in DC, I think, ca. 2005).

• The Raindrops title came from the leaked demos.

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

Similarly, she always referred to 8th Floor without the "window".

Here she refers to the song as "8th Floor" first and then says something about pushing Anders through a window and then introduces it as "8th Floor Window"... Maybe she just got confused and said the wrong title or was joking about changing the title because of the window thing. But she has actually referred to it as "8th floor window" once. But I still think it's supposed to be "8th floor". I'm just saying...

quote:

quote:

there's not really any way to be sure with "the soup;" "belt" has been "the belt," "eighth floor" has been "eighth floor window," "movies" has been "just like the movies," "left hand song" has been both "meat ball song" and "a lesson...," "the machine" vs. "machine," "ballad of a politician" has become "ballad of a lovable dictator," and "ne me quitte pas" is [possibly] now "don't leave me..." and these are just things that i know for sure have officially happened. in addition i've seen in the past "secret stash" as "no one," "the devil come to bethlehem" as "joseph and mary," and "raindrops" as "i belong arm in arm with you." and then there are all the ones we don't have official titles for yet.

Most of those titles have never "officially happened"--they're just bootlegger titles that people like me have slapped on unofficial recordings.  That said, some are a little more "official" than others:

• Regina always referred to Belt without the article.

• Similarly, she always referred to 8th Floor without the "window".

• The shorter title came from the leaked demo back in late 2003, but Regina always referred to the song on stage as Just like the Movies.

• Although ultimately titled Left Hand Song for release, she previously referred to it consistently as "a lesson in how fleeting preservation is".

• I was told by someone whom I believed that Regina referred to the song as Secret Stash at a show I didn't attend (in DC, I think, ca. 2005).

• The Raindrops title came from the leaked demos.

there is at least one recording each where regina uses "The Belt" and "Eighth Floor Window." i think they're from early '02.

So now we know about demos of The Party Song Aquarius, A Cooler Version of Yourself, Dog & Pony, The Someone, Mermaid, Light, The Wallet (was previously recorded in a studio long before the far version), Mausoleum, You, The Ghost, Secret Stash (No One), Dead Rat, Lounge, and Virgin Queen. Some of those songs are ones we had no idea existed! (from: Reginapolis, tumblr)

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

Here she refers to the song as "8th Floor" first and then says something about pushing Anders through a window and then introduces it as "8th Floor Window"... Maybe she just got confused

That's a great catch; you're probably right about "The Belt" too. I think it's time for my ginkgo biloba.

quote:

quote:

Here she refers to the song as "8th Floor" first and then says something about pushing Anders through a window and then introduces it as "8th Floor Window"... Maybe she just got confused

That's a great catch; you're probably right about "The Belt" too. I think it's time for my ginkgo biloba.

I wasn't the one talking about Belt though :-P

quote:

I wasn't the one talking about Belt though :-P

Great--first my memory, and now my eyes are going too. What a drag it is getting old.