Sign in to follow this  
Matthew

More press coverage . . .

Nice little article from the telegraph...

"There's also also a song called Samson…" she pauses. "It is more of an allegory, but he's probably the first Judaeo-Christian case of terrorism - he pulled those columns down on himself and the people partying."

Can someone explain this to me a little bit better? Have I REALLY been missing something all this time?

Haha yeah that confused the crap out of me as well. Especially since it was thevery last paragraph of the article......not the most comprehensive closing statement ive ever heard. But interesting none the less.

did you mean the samson story? im at a catholis school so im good on this, is it that you havent heard the story?

samson was an incredibly strong jewish warrior and he always said his power came from his hair. he got involved with delila who was a bit of a saucy mare and she cut his hair off. he then lost his imense power, went a bit mental and - to cut a long story short - pulled the columns down on a collossal greek style building, killing himself and everyone else in it.

contrary to what regina claims (in the song), this was mentioned in the bible. the song deviates a bit (wonderbread etc) but its basically that story from the point of view of delila.

sorry if you already knew that

Wow, the uneducated side of my brain just got a kick from that one!

I have never heard that story before, but now the song means something completely different to me. As well, I feel I should probably look up references in all of her songs now to see what else I've been missing out on. She really likes her Literary/mythological subject matter!

I wonder if nowadays Samson would have heavy metal hair or a huge mohawk or thick dreads? What would be most powerful looking?

fabio.jpg

This is who I imagine Samson as whenever i hear "Samson"...or think about it.

I know this wasnt the assignment...but i went ahead and posted anyway.

who do u guys think of him as?

This was my little sisters answer.

nugent.jpg

-Love,

---David

quote:
Originally posted by eleven_eleven:

did you mean the samson story? im at a catholis school so im good on this, is it that you havent heard the story?

samson was an incredibly strong jewish warrior and he always said his power came from his hair. he got involved with delila who was a bit of a saucy mare and she cut his hair off. he then lost his imense power, went a bit mental and - to cut a long story short - pulled the columns down on a collossal greek style building, killing himself and everyone else in it.

contrary to what regina claims (in the song), this was mentioned in the bible. the song deviates a bit (wonderbread etc) but its basically that story from the point of view of delila.

sorry if you already knew that

That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing.