Sign in to follow this  
_Mark_

Colchester show

Thanks Mark - was it you I met at The Twist re Fiddlercrab a couple of months back? I will check diary - my email if jonathan@doyleandco.net BTW - I check that constantly but this thread only now and then. All contact details on my site etc.

Cheers JD

I really enjoyed last night i thought she was great...such a brilliant voice

Couldn't see that well at first but i managed to move away from the giant dude with the afro about halfway through the set. i hate being short..

Big up to jeremy too, he was really good, I'm sure he'll have gained a lot of new fans after that gig.

all in all, a fabulous night Big Grin

short people should automatically get to trade spots with the person in front of them if that person is 2 inches (or more) taller.

All venues should have ushers that enforce this, or tall people should duck or something Confused

quote:
short people should automatically get to trade spots with the person in front of them if that person is 2 inches (or more) taller.

Clubs should just make the audience/viewing area raked. The spot I saw Regina in Phili (theater of the Living arts) used to be a movie theater back in the ol' days, so the seats were taken out, but the original floor remains sloping upward toward the back of the club making for an enjoyable viewing experience for all.

quote:
Originally posted by _Mark_:

hey man, if you're interested in shooting cool colchester bands, you should come to this show in ipswich on saturday night - we could use some photos for the label website.

have a think about it dude, you'd definitely enjuoy the music if you like regina. well worth the journey.

Hey mark - pls email further details or contact me via my site re this - thanks Jonathan (www.jjdoyle.com - email is jonathan@doyleandco.net)

quote:
Originally posted by stwongbad85:

quote:

Clubs should just make the audience/viewing area raked. The spot I saw Regina in Phili (theater of the Living arts) used to be a movie theater back in the ol' days, so the seats were taken out, but the original floor remains sloping upward toward the back of the club making for an enjoyable viewing experience for all.

Sounds like Brixton Academy, one of my favourite venues!

Sharon, folks,

Saw Regina at the Charlotte in Leicester. She also made the point that she needed a riser so she could see everybody. Lots of people taller than me (and I'm 5 ft 9") and yes it is a problem. She was also asking people not to point their cameras at her 'cos she was getting distracted! Well, she is a sweetie, so it's not surprising people want to get pix of her!

My complaint tho' was that there were a lot of people talking while she and her support act, Jeremy Warmsley, were on. Is it just me or is it just plain rude to do that? I mean, if you come for the music then why talk over it? Regina being the sweetie she is didn't ask for quiet (tho' maybe she couldn't hear it from there!), but it spoilt a gig I was looking forward to, for me.

When I saw her in Birmingham a while ago at the Glee Club, the room was larger, she had a raised stage and people even tho' they were eating and drinking weren't talking over the music. Sigh, maybe it's because I'm getting old!

At the Shepherd's Bush Empire there were signs up at the bar saying the 'artists request silence when they're performing', which I thought was a good (and unusual) thing. Shouldn't have to put signs up, mind you . . .

What really annoys me is at loud gigs (ie not Regina's), you get people SHOUTING over the music because the music's LOUD! And don't get me started on people with their phones stuck in the air . . . . .

I went to the Colchester show and it was the first time I'd seen Regina live, but I was incredibly impressed! Her voice is amazing; even better than the studio recordings. I brought a friend along who hadn't heard much of her stuff before, and he has now been converted. Big Grin

Unfortunately we got there late at 10.20, as we couldn't find the venue (we drove around for an hour trying to find it), but it was definitely one of the best gigs I've been to. I loved the small, converted Church - it gave it a very intimate feel!