Sign in to follow this  
Egyptian Sushi

"My rhyme ain't good just yet, my brai-- wait a minute, how do you know this song!?"

There is a girl that I have talked to maybe three times in my life named Hannah at my school. I have no classes with her, but on Monday and Tuesday I had testing with her because her last name is close to mine and we were grouped by last name.

After the test, we had fifteen minutes of nothing, and I decided to randomly stick my earbud into her ear, and she started singing along to Consequence of Sounds immediately.

Then she looked at my utterly befuddled and said the title. Apparently she has just got into Regina last week, and Consequence of Sounds is one of four songs that she knows by her so far. She also said that she thinks she could be her favorite singer already.

I excitedly showed her some of my other favorite songs (Belt, Pavlov's Daughter, Uh-Merica), and she loved those all too (it was the first time she heard them).

It was exciting to find someone in real life who has finally heard of her. I've mentioned her to a ton of people and everyone is like "RegiWHO!?!?".

In other news, I recorded myself singing Uh-Merica with a piano background off of a midi that I made on the computer (I wanted to make sure that it was perfect :P), but I sing way higher in it than I normally do so it sounds kind of silly.

I already uploaded it on yousendit, but I don't know if I want to subject you all to it, or if you would want to hear it. Wink

There is a girl that I have talked to maybe three times in my life named Hannah at my school. I have no classes with her, but on Monday and Tuesday I had testing with her because her last name is close to mine and we were grouped by last name.

After the test, we had fifteen minutes of nothing, and I decided to randomly stick my earbud into her ear, and she started singing along to Consequence of Sounds immediately.

Then she looked at my utterly befuddled and said the title. Apparently she has just got into Regina last week, and Consequence of Sounds is one of four songs that she knows by her so far. She also said that she thinks she could be her favorite singer already.

I excitedly showed her some of my other favorite songs (Belt, Pavlov's Daughter, Uh-Merica), and she loved those all too (it was the first time she heard them).

It was exciting to find someone in real life who has finally heard of her. I've mentioned her to a ton of people and everyone is like "RegiWHO!?!?".

In other news, I recorded myself singing Uh-Merica with a piano background off of a midi that I made on the computer (I wanted to make sure that it was perfect :P), but I sing way higher in it than I normally do so it sounds kind of silly.

I already uploaded it on yousendit, but I don't know if I want to subject you all to it, or if you would want to hear it. Wink

You and Hannah just became soulmates methinks. If not, at least concert buddies.

Also I think that you should consider sharing your recording because it would be fun, like cutting your own hair.

I would be creeped out if someone decided to randomly stick an earbud into my ear. Regardless of what was playing. I have a thing about foriegn objects being placed in my ear by strangers and loose aquantinces. Maybe it is just me though. I can't take that first step.

And yes...PLEASE share. I love a good Regina cover. Good or Bad.....jsut like to get every bodies own take on her. We should probably make an official Regina covers thread as they seem to be popping up more and more these days.

- David

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3I3KZQ5XILQNS0312E1DAPNT3K

Well, here it is... :P

That's my original one I talked about, I have a couple issues in it, including throughout the whole thing I'm singing an octave higher than what I sound best at, especially singing this song... and there are some sloppy cuts (because I only have Windows Sound Recorder and it only records for a minute at a time), and I messed up on the first line of the second verse... and I pronounce a couple things better now (as that was only my first try)... yes.

:P

Have fun.

What reggae part? *scratches head*

Anyway, thanks for sharing yo. That was fun to listen to.

I definately think that there should be a covers thread, and it should be called 'Ain't No Covers' even though it would be misleading.

quote:
rder and it only records for a minute at a time), and I messed up on the first line of the second verse... and I pronounce a

Here are a few tips for recording with windows sound recorder:

1. you can record coninuos tracks as long as you want. (not just one minute).

All you have to do is hit record button and let it play all the way through the first minute (you don't have to sing or play or whateva, just let it run). it wiil then stop after 60 sec. (obviously) when slide bar is at the end, just hit record again and it will record for an additional minute. Repeat this process till it gets up to 10 minutes or so, then save the track as whatever you want to call it "10 minute silence track" as i used to do. then open it and record from the begining recordign over the silence for however logn or short as u like. then just go to the end of the track and click edit, and "delete after current position" to eliminate the silence after the song.

* i used this program when i was in high school (back in the day) and just decided one day i wanted to record stuff.

2. you can add subtle touches of reverb/echo (without the loud annoying preset echo in the player) if you add the echo from effects, then decrease the volume, then save it as "your song, with echo" then open the originally saved track and hit "mix with file" and it will overlap the echoed track over the original, for a more gentle auro.

3. you can add a delay effect, using basically the same method as above, but by pulling the track slider a few milo-seconds into the song (the farther in the greater the delay..obviously) then inserting an identical copy of the track over itself

4. if you go to File -> then properites, then hit convert now, you can increase..or decrease the audio quality of the file. and easily change the format to one of seceral options.

Once again, i know this is a long post for such a pointless crappy and simple to use crappy windows program, but for those who have not yet bought a crappy 40 dollar mixing/recording program at best buy (or downlaoded illegaly) windows sound recorder can be a good way for people to first discover they have a lovely (or horrid) voice

Egyt, i am at work so i have not listened to your song yet. but i have recorded a ton of stuff on the win sound recorder, so if you have any questions about it, email me at stwongbad85@gmail.com

__________Love,

___________________David

I have figured out some Windows Sound Recorder tricks over the past couple months.. I used to have Cool Edit Pro but then my computer got formatted so I had to get used to WSR because I got too lazy to find it again to "legally" download.

But I never thought of the saving a silence recording, that's clever. I'll do that.

The reggae part is the part where she does the chorus for the last time, and it's higher than the rest. "UH! MERR-i-CAA!!!" instead of MERR-i-ca. On the Tonic recording, I think it is, she says "now it's time to get reggae" or something right before that.

Ohhhh. Just checked.

That's from the NYU show, she goes "one more time, reggae", but I still don't get the reggae reference (unless she's saying something else that sounds like the word reggae)