Sign in to follow this  
im a pizzatarian

Im really upset

so..im kinda upset because i have never had the privelage of seeing Regina perform. i can only imagine it to be one of the greatest show i would be able to attend. i have 11:11, songs, soviet kitsch, live at bullmoose, mary ann meets the gravediggers.....but thats not enough. i really hope that on her U.S. tour she comes near me.

so..im kinda upset because i have never had the privelage of seeing Regina perform. i can only imagine it to be one of the greatest show i would be able to attend. i have 11:11, songs, soviet kitsch, live at bullmoose, mary ann meets the gravediggers.....but thats not enough. i really hope that on her U.S. tour she comes near me.

what part of the US do u happen to be in if i may ask?

And if she does not come near you, then you need be a little more proactive with your life. Don't wait for Regina to come to you. I know of fans that have come all the way from aulstralia to NYC to see her. And other such ridiculous amounts of miles. Im sure you can road trip it. That would be half the fun. And i should know.

unless you live in Alaska or something......then you are just out of luck.

____LOVE,

_______________the Gyspy Davey

Awwww...don't feel bad, pizzatarian. I've never seen her perform either. But like stwongbad said, we need to be more proactive with our time. I know regina breaks up a lot of the monotony in our lives, but that doesn't mean we can't do it ourselves! Here, I'll do it right now for you; SEE ME BREAKING UP THE MONOTONY? Now Im gonna dance to break up the monotony even further to make you feel better!..........(thirty seconds later).........There! Did that help?

Daver,

What logic says that Aussieland isn't too far, but Alaska may as well be on the moon? I know you didn't say that, but I just put those words into your mouth, so you'd better defend them dammit.

Also, I've never been to a Regina show, and in fact, only discovered her very shortly after her only visit ever to my neck of the world. How does that make me feel? Not upset as you might think, but here's a close approximation...

You know the movie Groundhog Day? Ok, well everytime I hear a Regina song, it's like Bill Murray waking up on Groundhog Day. Then I realise how I JUST missed seeing her live. And THAT is like a kick in the junk.

So in the most flattering way to Regina possible, I have to say, her music makes me feel like I'm being kicked in the nuts over, and over, and over again.

Kicked in the nuts JohnnyC? Well, whatever floats your boat I suppose. I like being proactive. I understand it is now a form of acne treatment being endorsed by the likes of blah blah blah...

I went to San Francisco and then New York to see her. Admittedly the New York one occurred while apartment hunting.

If it's a financial issue get a credit card and do it like ripping off a bandage. Enter your credit card information and hit click before the consequences have a chance to fill your mind.

Later days,

Shawn

ProActiv is NOT used by blah blah blah..., but it is used by such prestigious artists as P Diddy, Jessica Simpson, and John Mayer. (yes i know we have all seen the infomercials) I actually learned John Mayer used it from a Rolling Stone interview. he said even if they charged 50 dollars a bottle for the stuff, he would still use it. It works that well! Especially from all the stress these artists endure from being on the road day and night. I do not know how they do it. ( I am not being sarcastic BTW)

J.C. At the time i wrote that i did not have my trusty globe, atlas, astrolabe, google earth, scale rule, almanac handy, so i did not reference time or miles in any specific manner of speaking. I guess i was more going along the lines that I stereotype Alaska as a cold un fertile land in which its residence live in 11 months of winter, and have only 1 raod leaving the state, and that that 1 road leads only to a fur trading post in the south of Candada that specializes in rare beaver hides. Such bad tundra like conditions, along with the only substantial air fleet consisting of a few of those sea planes that alec baldwin and anthony hopkins crashed in the middle of alaska in the movie "the edge"

(and that Launchpad McQuack can often be seen flying to rescue scooge and the ducklings from danger) . In any case, i have also met more Aulstralians in my life than I have Alaskans, so i gather that they (alaskinians) rarely travel outside their large and vast borders, and if they they do it is usually a very tedious and dangerous journey that is taken for some practicall measure, like to smuggle rare spices and hats from south of the border (the Montana border that is).

i suppose though, Johnny that you are correct in that the Aulstralians have a whole ocean and a whole continent seperating them from NY, and that all an Alaskan traveler would encounter would be a few caribou, and a bitter, but well meaning Expos fan or two. I was wrong.

I love G-hog day. great film. As for the nuts problem, the only thing i can recomend is that maybe you rub some Proactiv cream on it. It works on vanessa Williams face.

oh and Pizza kid. Don't listen to Johhny about the credit card, just because he is financially irresponsible doesnt mean you have to be. Stay away from financial debt, i have seen it ruin people. Just hitchhike. you get there a lot cheaper, and you willl meet lots of interesting characters, and maybe get a story or two out of the whole thing. (if you are not violently murdered that is)

I really wanna hitch across the country sum day (bad tangent i know. SORRY!) My mom always says that you have to be more careful these days, and that there are more weirdos around, the streets arent as safe as when she was a kid, blah blah blah etc. but I find it hard to believe that people on the whole some how became more maniacal since the 60's/70's. who knows. Alex mcCandles hitched around the US in the early 90's, and was the most inspiring story i ever read. A book called INTO THE WILD check it out. true story, kid went to highscholl in my county. he died, but still makes me wanna do it more than anything.

- Love,

__________the Gypsy Davey

Oi, Dave. You gypsy. I never recommended using a credit card. It was recommended to ME... and by Shawn at that.

Shawn, Oi! You gypsy. I refuse to ever use my credit card for something that I can't pay for immediately upon getting the bill. Besides, my limit is rediculously low, and I'm currently saving all of my money for a European wedding I have to attend in the summer... *sigh*

Everyone, OI! You gypsies. It's not REALLY my nards that hurt. That's just a theoretical feeling I get from never having seen a regi gig. I haven't listened to any regi songs today though, so my figurative nuts are less bruised than usual. To which a live show will one day be a figurative ointment.

I'll try and think of a more disturbing analogy later. You gypsies.

PS- Daver, checkin out that book right now. Expect my thoughts at some point.

i actually live in the great state of oklahoma. all we have here for venues are the ford center and cains ballroom. the ford center is wayyyyyyyyyy to big for her. cains might even be too. i dont know if any of you have heard of cains ballroom (its in tulsa) but if any of you are around the area you should definately check it out. i saw my ALL TIME FAVORITE band - Modest Mouse there last year. i love that place, plus its only like 20 mins from my house. i really would have liked to make a trip up to NYC to see her perform. Im sure she came closer than NYC when she went on tour with the strokes but i didnt know of her then. oh well, something good will happen, i feel it.

oh yeah, hey caramella, thanks for the dance!