Sign in to follow this  
Frank Nit

new songs...

I just love "Better" so much ;D its such a feel-good song in a kinda sad way!

...will you feel anything at all?

I know people are saying about her getting more public coverage etc... I don't think this is *selling out* or anything.. the songs seem really Reginaly to me ;D

xx

with every album, an artist must prepare to gain AND lose fans. i seriously hate this term, but i feel i must use it because it seems as others have wanted to say it and instead have used more polite phrases. these are not sell-out songs. regina is just becoming a more mature song writer. she has continued to progress for 4+ albums now. this is a part of that maturation progress. it's different for her, and it is different for our ears. be happy that we can all say that begin to hope won't be a soviet kitsch II or a songs II, etc. she has done something very few musical artists have ever done. she has completed four very different, yet very honest albums. she deserves her credit once again.

Actually, the songs are growing on me a bit more. I mean, to be honest, none of them are my favorite, but I like the recording of Fidelity a bit more now...I don't really like the recording of Better...I like it AS A SONG, but I don't like some of the effects on the Recording, like the "echo" on her voice...I find it takes a way a bit of the...(I'm trying to word this correctly)...feeling,...I mean, I can't feel the emotion in her voice because this voice effect distracts me...What trying to say is that things like that kinda ruin the authenticity of her voice...I want to hear Regina, not an overused voice effect...I feel it takes away some of the "umph" from her lyrics and her statement because I can't hear Regina ...and it's not because I think the effect is commercial, it's because I don't like the effect on Regina,...I feel it takes away from the full-on emotion and atmosphere in her songs...this is just me personally...

(I'm sorry if this sounds really scrambled and disorganized, but I hope you can follow what I am trying to say)

Hm, not to big on the recordings, I love the songs, just, loses touch with the rawness I enjoy.

-puts on Pavlov's Daughter to recover-

I think sometimes you have to try your hardest to appreciate the music, but unfortunately I idolised regina as an image as well. Ian Cooke, Serena Ryder to the great Tori Amos, models of those who manage to travel without changing to much. But if we look at Regina just by music, with this I have heard 66 of her songs. 63/66 ain't bad, (the other ones Your Honour :-P). And fuck, that's a pretty damn good track record especially considering if I could get my hands on these in piano version I'd probably like them to.

It's okay to say you're not big on it, but what you don't like is the production, not Regina <3 formcever.com.forsure.

I think that if the new album is similar to those two songs alot of people who don't know reginas music might start to like it, however I think some of her fans might find it a bit................

I love regina I listen to her every single day........ I drive everyone crazy..........but Im just hoping the iother songs in the album are just her and her piano

And I really love those songsFrowner

What those everyone else think???????

-furrows brows-

I dunno, Chemmo Limmo, clunky old, four chord, wisely lyrically played, Chemmo Limmo I couldn't stop crying.

This makes me feel like I wear an uncomfy sweater. I know it's keeping me warm but...

Look at all the elipses on this page.

The new songs can't be Regina selling out. Because stripped to their core (just Regina and the piano), these songs are still very good, still have quality.

That being said, my only problem with these songs is that they aren't as emotionally affecting as the live versions. I've had a bootleg of "Fidelity" from a show in February in Rhode Island for months, and her emotion is not matched in this album version. It might be that she's not letting loose as much as she does/did live, but maybe that's what she was going for--more of a soft (and sexy) whisper for most of the song.

As for "Better", the guitars are a bit... cheesy, for lack of a better word. I've never really listened to "Better" that much, so this new album version isn't much of an issue for me. I just hope the rest of the album isn't as produced as the two songs we've heard. I'd really like a simple "On The Radio" and "Field Below"...well, the solo might have a xylaphone or something. And I really hope "Samson" is kept as a simple piano ballad. It'd be a shame if this album was bad simply because of production, because the songs are very good.

All we can do is wait and see.