Sign in to follow this  
PatienceIago

Regina. Us. TV Commercial.

Anyone else seen the Sky 'Skateboarder' ad yet in UK cinemas? Not sure about a connection between 'Us' and skateboards, but it looks and sounds marvellous.

Telecommunications & broadcasting ads seem to have a soft spot for solo women with great voices - I can think of Feist, Vashti Bunyan, Joanna Newsom and now Regina all currently doing the rounds, lending their sweet sound to shift product.

Let's just hope Regina doesn't 'do a Moby'.

quote:
Originally posted by KingOfTheSwing:

Regina is too much of an artist to let silly things like that comprimise who she is or what she does with her music.

SHE wouldn't, but a record label would! Although I suspect the artists opt-in to that sort of thing. Ya think I should keep my eyes peeled for some Regina stuff in the mailbox at work?

We constantly get CDs from labels hoping we'll use them in commercials. From full on pre-release albums, to compilation CDs with everything imaginable, including instrumental versions. I really enjoy some of the instrumentals because the lyrics sometimes ruin good music, so I keep the intrumentals for myself to listen to, hee hee.

Work perk.

Hmm never thought of it that way Johnny... but the artists still own their music (or part of it, right?) so if they don't want their music selling cheeseburgers or SUVs they can prevent it, or am I being niave here?

Oh, and talk about work perks, I got on the guest list for the private boston show last week and got to meet Regina through my job. Think that takes the cake haha Smiler

yeah, i saw the sky ad with 'us' on it, and not only was shocked that they decided to use such an obscure choice of song, but also was surprised how badly it fit with slow-motion takes of danny way flying off various skate ramps. who the fuck decided they would fit well together?

awful.