Sign in to follow this  
Chris Allan

Myspace songs

quote:
Originally posted by Blood_Roses:

I'm glad to hear a glimpse that the album is not going to be quite as piano/vocal solo as Soviet Kitsch was.. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love piano-based songwriters (I kinda am one) but I also like when people try new things in the studio. Personally "Fidelity" is not at all one of my favourite Reginasongs, and I think the new version is actually a bit more interesting than the solo one. "Better" is lovely, live and studio..

I don't feel a comparison needs to be made between live vs. studio - they SHOULD be different, imo. If all Regina's albums just sounded like studio-quality live recordings (essentially like "Songs") then how can she ever grow/experiment? And to me the songs don't sound like Regina's lost the ownership of them...

Just some thoughts Smiler

xx

i dont feel the motivation to read this whole thread but i would like to say that i agree with this post completley.

i liked to hear the new songs and know Regina is moving forward.

Ironic choice of words Cristina! (if indeed you meant 'plateau' that is!)

I only say this because when a musician plateaus, it's usually a negative thing (ie. Plateau - to reach a state of little or no change after a time of activity or progress). I know you actually meant it as a noun though, but I had a wry smile seeing the double meaning there Big Grin

I really like Fidelity and Better. That is all I've heard from Begin To Hope so far.. But it is not "regina spektor" to me.. When I am in the mood for some spektor music I would not typically think of either of those songs.

I think it's good to have change--but I hope it is completely her choice and not something she was slightly nudged into to get a few more fans or more money. Other than that--Regina should keep up the good music. Maybe a little more piano. I'd like to hear what Fidelity sounds like live.

quote:
Originally posted by a_secret_chord:

quote:

I'm glad to hear a glimpse that the album is not going to be quite as piano/vocal solo as Soviet Kitsch was.. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love piano-based songwriters (I kinda am one) but I also like when people try new things in the studio. Personally "Fidelity" is not at all one of my favourite Reginasongs, and I think the new version is actually a bit more interesting than the solo one. "Better" is lovely, live and studio..

I don't feel a comparison needs to be made between live vs. studio - they SHOULD be different, imo. If all Regina's albums just sounded like studio-quality live recordings (essentially like "Songs") then how can she ever grow/experiment? And to me the songs don't sound like Regina's lost the ownership of them...

xx

i dont feel the motivation to read this whole thread but i would like to say that i agree with this post completley.

Well a truly great musician cannot keep repeating the same old stuff.

yeh just look at AC/DC

got old after one song but they've just been churning wot is basically the same song over and over, album after album

nothing to do with regina and so different they cant be compared, but when i think repetition i dont think any band has ever come close to wot AC/DC have done, it must take effort to completely stand still aritsitcly like they did and i think are stll doing (?) now.

quote:
Originally posted by a_secret_chord:

quote:

xx

Hopefully Regina doesn't loose her touch with all the hype of fastfood music out there. I mean look PJ Harvey managed to keep things her way despite the music labels request. I think Regina will either be drowned with techno beats to catch those attention who are unappreciative of a great voice and who need stimulanting beats. Or Regina could just be having a transition in her artistic growth. Whatever is different, I feel hopefully, will change for the better if not just be laying low. I hate when Artist become popular. That only means no more lounge seat performances only ampitheatre lawn seats. Frowner

Lets just hope for the best and continue to be supportive. Razzer