Sign in to follow this  
Slickertm

Regina Replies to us all through her blog...

An excerpt from her myspace blog:

"Don't think i haven't noticed the petitte hurricane of thoughts and feelings that has errupted about the new music i put up a few days ago. It is fascinating to behold that much varied response. The me within me is smiling. I am, on the one hand, glad that people take that much ownership of my work, and on the other, overwhelmed. I guess there is not much for me to say except that i only make music i love and care about. I make it all myself with help from people i love and care about. No one makes me do anything. Ever. (Ask my parents.) So no more of this "what did 'they' do to you!' stuff, kids. They the label? Big Brother? The government? Well...sarcasm... how i love you... but what i guess I am trying to say is that i am proud of all the work i have done on this record, and that if for some reason it makes you happy or upsets you, either way, it is i who did it. Not "they". Me. With a lot of help and inspiration from David Kahne, who is amazing. And even though, just like any song writer, i always hope my songs will find nice homes and people to belong to, it would be a lie for me to say that's what i do it for. The thing is, i will always do watever the fuck i want, and it's because i care about and respect music/all of you/us/myself... And at the end of the day, remember. This is also why i am not a doctor. I just want to make things and use my heart and brain and self in the process. There are no lives at stake here. It's bloodless. It's music. At the end of the day it's just rock n roll... and i send you all huge- HUGE- hugs... Be well my friends, and stay as passionate as you are. Put yourselves out there, have fun, be serious, care, do things how you want them done, change your mind, choose for yourselves, and i will try to do the same. With utmost respect and gratitude-

your local controvesial singer du jour,"

As they say 'Life inside the music box ain't easy'

An excerpt from her myspace blog:

"Don't think i haven't noticed the petitte hurricane of thoughts and feelings that has errupted about the new music i put up a few days ago. It is fascinating to behold that much varied response. The me within me is smiling. I am, on the one hand, glad that people take that much ownership of my work, and on the other, overwhelmed. I guess there is not much for me to say except that i only make music i love and care about. I make it all myself with help from people i love and care about. No one makes me do anything. Ever. (Ask my parents.) So no more of this "what did 'they' do to you!' stuff, kids. They the label? Big Brother? The government? Well...sarcasm... how i love you... but what i guess I am trying to say is that i am proud of all the work i have done on this record, and that if for some reason it makes you happy or upsets you, either way, it is i who did it. Not "they". Me. With a lot of help and inspiration from David Kahne, who is amazing. And even though, just like any song writer, i always hope my songs will find nice homes and people to belong to, it would be a lie for me to say that's what i do it for. The thing is, i will always do watever the fuck i want, and it's because i care about and respect music/all of you/us/myself... And at the end of the day, remember. This is also why i am not a doctor. I just want to make things and use my heart and brain and self in the process. There are no lives at stake here. It's bloodless. It's music. At the end of the day it's just rock n roll... and i send you all huge- HUGE- hugs... Be well my friends, and stay as passionate as you are. Put yourselves out there, have fun, be serious, care, do things how you want them done, change your mind, choose for yourselves, and i will try to do the same. With utmost respect and gratitude-

your local controvesial singer du jour,"

As they say 'Life inside the music box ain't easy'

quote:
The me within me is smiling. I am, on the one hand, glad that people take that much ownership of my work, and on the other, overwhelmed.

You are very correct Regina, and if you happen to read this Ms. Spektor, please know that we all do take a lot of ownership in your music in the sense that many of us have introduced it to our friends/families, and have worked sometimes as one man/woman street teams in towns that did not carry your cd and would otherwise not know you. These are things you did not ask anyone to do, and so I understand how overwhelming and maybe even strange that can feel. But please please do not take any of what we say as anything but heartfelt.

The fact that you even offered us an explanation of how you feel is above and beyond what most artists would do. and we all very much appreciate that.

______________thank you very very very much for reading our scribblings,

____________________________________David.

.*P.S. fellow board members, I think it is extremely considerate of Regina to even adress our thoughts on the songs, as most artists would just say "fuck you" with the silent treatment. I just hope she does not feel as if she has to defend herself or her actions. (as I felt coming across in her myspace blog)

quote:
The pronouns don't matter: what happened to fidelity?!

Relax with the blunt criticism, swander87! It was Regina's choice and I think there's enough negativity weighing upon her right now. I'm not saying you don't have the right to voice your opinion, but maybe the timing was a bit off? Yes? No? Maybe? You decide.

Anyway, I think thekiddrinkingfire said it all. She can be whatever the fuck she wants and right about now, I developed a new respect for her. Not only for responding to her fan posts, but for staying true to herself and her music. And like thekidrinkingfire said, I feel slightly ashamed as a fan that she had to explain herself. We love you, Regina. I know I do and whereever your musical journey takes you I'll always support you...(unless you start a nuclear war blow up the world or something, then i might have to give you a time out on that one, young lady! Smiler)

REGINA is the biggest sweetheart EVER!

NOOOO!

We ate from the knowledge tree!

NOOOO!

Our original sin has condemned us!

NOOOO!

Regina felt compelled to react. Now we must all reflect on our actions. Don't be ashamed of your honesty though people. You are all entitled to your feelings. Just take comfort in knowing that Regina has once again proven that her heart is never too small for her fans. She has a lifetime membership to mine as well.

Yeah, I love the reply, but ya know, still -plays Cannons instead of fidelity-

Your right, she can do whatever she likes.

Good to know it was her decision. At least thats to her credit.