Sign in to follow this  
Slickertm

Regina Replies to us all through her blog...

quote:
Originally posted by submergedcalamity:

OH I TOLD YOU ... POOR REGINA. =(

shes done nothing but be a genius and we're like omgz what has she done blah blah.

I feel bad.

Regina is an individualist and her music shows it. But she has to sell albums to make a better living .Why do you think she Emails us enmasse ? To buy her album of course. She has every right to make the music she wants and her fans have every right to not buy an album which distorts her musical talent. If her upcoming album does that less people will buy it. Then she can reexamine where she wants to go next musically. And next time she may use less vulgar words to express her musical individualism to her fans.

i beg to differ with you steve. it's almost a given that her next album will do better than her last, regardless of whether her musical talent is distorted or not. remember, the music industry does not make sense. it's all about timing, luck, and your willingness to sacrifice honesty for money.

I'm not begging at all. I simply differ with you Steve-o. Alot.

1) Regina doesn't HAVE to send messages to her fans to get them to buy CDs. Not many bands bother to send messages, or would have bothered to have adressed the messageboard fiasco. She does it because she wants to. There is/was no necessity other than her own personal decision.

2) "Distorts her musical talent" - I'm not sure that statement even means anything. Although what you're trying to say is somewhat apparent, I by no means believe that she feels she has compromised herself in any way.

3) Vulgarity? I thought she reacted in a very honest way, which is really the most you could ever ask for from anyone. I much prefer that to some sort of digested, edited, and regurgitated press release type of PR statement. It's respectful whether you see it that way or not, and it addresses the intelligence of the fan base, as opposed to the alternatives.

4) Anyone in her position would feel exactly the same way, although they would perhaps be less forgiving of their fans than she has been.

Bottom line is she GETS IT. She gets people. She gets respect - how it's earned, and how it should be given. She gets art and expression. She knows herself. There's an honesty, both musically and personally there.

SIDE NOTE RANT (not directed at any one person):

Adults that complain about being "offended" by things they see in the media piss me off. You participate by choice, and so do others. Everyone has the right to express themselves. If you can't handle certain subject matter, or curse words, I'm surprised that you can even function in society. You should lock yourself in a basement with a television that only plays Barney & Friends.

Go over to a third world country wrapped in civil war. Live a day in fear and then come back and complain about the freedoms that you take for granted.

Fuck.

(nicest fuck possible)

----End of uncalled for rant----

quote:
Originally posted by Steve B:

And next time she may use less vulgar words to express her musical individualism to her fans.

Fuck you and your condescending tone.

quote:
Originally posted by Slickertm:

An excerpt from her myspace blog:

"Don't think i haven't noticed the petitte hurricane of thoughts and feelings that has errupted about the new music

Ok - I've been silent 'till now but the time has come for me to express my rage, no, my fury at mrs. Spektors latest manifestations.

Check your french missy...that is NOT how you spell "petite".

That'll be all.

Oh - by the way - I am just thrilled by the fact that maybe even this generation will have some pop made up by a genious. Not unlike um...the Beatles? Queen? Paul Simon?

So - thanks for opening the creative window into a world where the air has been stiff for too long.

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

quote:
Originally posted by Steve B:

And next time she may use less vulgar words to express her musical individualism to her fans.

Fuck you and your condescending tone.

SRG- I just love how you can sum up a good response to a negative tone in one short phrase. I personally cannot see how people who join a fan forum can be so critical and down right mean in regards to the artist they're a "respectful fan" of.

Thanks again SRG..... and thanks again for helping me out at the Irving show!

later days,

Shawn

I love you guys...your unadulterated devotion and loyalty to Regina is one of the only pure good things on this confused and violent planet(not excluding Regina and her music, of course!)

I especially enjoyed srg's, JohnnyC's, and Shawn's responses to the traces of faulty loyalty in the people's posts. Quite entertaining, gentlemen!(or ladies)

SmilerBig GrinRazzerWinkSmilerBig GrinRazzerCoolWink