Sign in to follow this  
Slickertm

Regina Replies to us all through her blog...

Hopefully this Regina quote will end this thread...

"I just think there shouldn't be a song I can't write, ever, in any aesthetic. If I want to write a country song tomorrow — the sweetest country song you could think of, like early Dylan or Patsy Cline — I should be able to do that. It shouldn't matter that I'm a via-Moscow-Bronx classical-music punk girl. I should be able to do anything, right?"

Indubitably Regina.

I found some of the replies to her new songs quite shocking from people who are apparently fans.

Regina's already released 3 albums of mostly piano songs, and she probabaly has enough material out there for another 3. I think it's great she's trying new things out, it's how an artist evolves. She's practically perfected pure piano songs, and she could probably release album after album of them, but would you realy want that?

A fairly crude example, but all Kate Bush's early work was just her and a piano, and as beautiful as it was, it was completely blown out of the water by The Dreaming and Hounds of Love, which couldn't possibly have been made purely with a piano.

I am realy excited she's begun experimenting with her music, and for those people who don't like it, there's mountains of old work to keep you satisfied.

And next time she may use less vulgar words to express her musical individualism to her fans.

What?!!! Regina May do whatever she likes (I think she pointed that out to you, not the other way round).

In fact I really think that is exactly what's gotten her this far.

It is an artists right and duty to act however they feel compelled.

THAT'S WHAT ARTISTS ARE!

You sound as bad as Tony Blair-

If you didn't know he's just abolished free speech (In a one km radius of westminster)

De ja vu?

Yes: Nazi Germany.

Wow Daver... the sarcasm is dripping off of that post. Well done! Maybe I should stop posting altogether!?

I've been thinking I should severely cut-back anyway.

I would like to apologise about making the Nazi Germany comment or any offence it has lead to.

I am also confused cos i missed the message deleted by stwongbad85.

I was making a parrallel between early Nazi Germany and recent policies of my Prime Minister (free speech, the police as a weapon of the state...).

Also I was over-reacting to Steve b giving Regina permission to use whatever language she chooses in her songs (thanx again!)

C'mon everyone

I see the future as one big conga line after Regina...

Peace now.

WorldLeaderpretend:

Don't worry about it. Stwongbad was just getting angry because you wrote the word Nazi. He's allowed that of course, but for what it's worth...

Your comment and comparisons to Nazi Germany are perfectly valid when it comes to Tony Blair (and even the United States for that matter). If people can't see the parallels between current policy shifts and the rise of the Nazi party, well, they're either not well versed in history or not paying attention to what's happening. Growing up in modern Germany, children are taught the mistakes of the past in hopes it will never be allowed to repeat itself. It's a shame that the rest of the world that fought against the Nazis hasn't taken the same lesson away from it.

To bring this conversation back to where it belongs... Yes calling SteveB a Nazi was probably an over-reaction, but I got the point. Maybe he was just being a dick. Big Grin Everyone happy?

EXACTLY

Why is history on a continous loop?

On a morning when I awake to more news of another terrorist 'suspect', in London, being woken up with a bullet at 4am it's hard to know how to feel.

Oh and thanks for pointing out that we are only following suit

(I didn't want to have to)