Sign in to follow this  
kali mac

April 24 - The Mod Club (Toronto)

12!?!?

wow- that is so young...

you must feel isolated from your fellow 12 year olds----

i mean-- what do i know> do many people listen to regine specktor? do people in your school know who she is> how did you find out about her?

No, none of my freinds listen to Regina, exept maybe my friend Diana, but that's my fault Smiler I don't think she still listens to her but at least she liked it. I don't really feel isolated, I listen to tons of other stuff that some of my friends have heard of. How I got into her, well my brother is nineteen, when he was my age he never listend to music and he was a giant nerd ^.^ Then he got his computer at 13 and after a while he started downlaoding music. In highschool, he made some cool friends (not your normal cheerleeding/jock/popular types) who introduced him to more stuff. In the long run his friends were my freinds and I heard Regina through them. Then his girlfriend (or ex as of recently) sent me to this website to hear some "pretty music" I recognised it and got hoocked into this little fan base Smiler So though I don't listen to it with my friends who are my age, I listen to it with my 19 year old freinds. Just last saturday while silk screening a robot (who loves me) on my shirt at Youth Innovations with Jen and some other cool teens(Cool)Jen and I sang along to "Love Affair" "Us" "ghost of corporate future" and some other songs

So that's my big long story of Regina goodness.

Yay! Jen's going to try to go to the concert for me ^.^ I told her it was at the Mod club and she went "MAN! That's where 'Of Montreal' played!" Yeah, she's in love with Kevin Barnes (lead singer of 'Of Montreal') So she said she'd try to go and tell me how it was. Thanks Jen : )

If I can manage to tape it, it will be shared with you poor souls that cannot get in due to age restrictions. Regina is for everyone!

FOR EVERYONE I SAY!

*shakes fist at the sky*

DAMMNN YOUUUU MOD CLUB!!!!! Daaaaaaaaammmmnnnn Youuuuuuu!

CarbonatedTurtle!

Yeah, you HAVEN'T been on here in awhile have you? Well welcome back! How do you usually record? I'm a bit worried about sound quality if I try to video it. I've never taped a show before without having a backup feed from the board.

I've got a little voice recorder that gets phenomenal sound for what it is, so I'll just find an appropriate place to stash it for the show. Fortunately Regina doesn't usually play too loud so it's not too hard to make her sound good. If you're gonna be taping her, use a pair of headphones if ya can and make sure she's not clipping and you should be able to clean it up at home with minimal difficulty. Get there early in the day when they're setting up and weasel the sound guys into patching you in. Who knows, anything's possible.

I'm thinking of bringing a GL2 camera...I'm not sure if I want to film though, you don't appreciate the moment as much if you're busy trying to compose shots...We'll see...

See all you Torontonians soon!

Can't wait!

~Fran