Sign in to follow this  
Rachael

matzoh ball soup.

quote:
Originally posted by VeggiGal:

oh my... best thing ever: my russian aunt's borch with matzoh balls in it. makes all other matzoh ball soup taste like boring crap.

In another thread I commented on how I hate borscht. I hate it so much I will reiterate this fact here.

..But I love matzah ball soup. Especially the kind the Natemans used to make when we'd go to their house on Passover.

Having never had "Mot-zah" Ball soup before, I had always imagined it to be a soup with some sort of delicious breaded mozzarella balls in it.

Now that I know it's just a modified chicken soup, I'm a bit disappointed. Maybe somebody should make me some so that I can actually TRY some?

Any takers?

though i'd love to make some for you, i believe i'd end up with more of an attempt than a soup - i can only reassure you that matzoh ball soup far surpasses chicken soup (and, btw, i've heard a few controversies over whether matzoh ball soup should even be made with chicken broth. some say it tates better with water, i dunno).

Matzoh ball soup has a certain taste and a peculiar...oh i don't know...wholesomeness, perhaps, to it. It's not a soup one easily forgets.