Sign in to follow this  
Galactastica

Regina Covering Hallelujah.

I think this song has been the most covered song second only to the star spangled banner. I found someone on soulseek the other day that had a whole folder of just recorded (not even live) Hallelujah covers....they had like 40 of them.......and there were some I knew were missing.

I love this song to death...but give it a rest already i say.

you know, i thought the buckley version of it was boring. he didnt change it from leonards enough. the Rufus cover is just amazing though. its the only song that i have seen stop people in their tracks and say to me "who was that can you play it again?" hahaha i think rufus voice on that song is just so strong, its so perfect.

for me the buckley version is in a completely different league so i have to disagree with you on that one.

the ups and downs throughout, everything that makes buckley awesome was in that track, he took it and made it his own, i cant understand the idea that he 'didn't change it enough', we're on completely different wavelengths! i dont even like the wainwright version, haha.

to each their own!

well no matter wich one you like, its a beautiful song regardless. i would listen to anyone conver it and be happy. did you know he has notebooks upon notebooks filled with different verses for the song? thats why when he plays it, its ofen very different from the last time.

Smiler