Sign in to follow this  
withakay

Tower Records In Store - 6.13.06

the in store was awesome!!

after the show i wanted to stay to get an autograph but i thought i had a radiohead show to go to.. turns out its tomorrow.. but i only figured that out after taking the train up to msg and getting turned away Smiler lol

anyway i made it back in time to get my cd signed. sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Regina rocks my socks off. Smiler

Op, your story made me chuckle. My friend and I rushed out of Tower to catch another show down at the Delancey, and of course, we ended up missing the show. :-/ Instead of going back to Tower, we ended up stuffing our faces. BLAH!

Anyhoo - here's some silly video of the last half of Regina doing "Better" that I took.

Hi withakay,

I have a question for you: I was reading this review of Begin To Hope http://newyorkmetro.com/arts/popmusic/reviews/17188/ and the author alluded to the fact that some jerk in the audience at the 'secret' show said something really inappropriate! Since you were there, and to feed my anger, can you write me and tell me what he said? I agree with the author that we shouldn't dignify his responce in public print, so could you email me privately? My email is francesdarwin@yahoo.ca

Thanks!

Fran

i think that article was about her 6/1/06 show not this instore at tower on 6/13/06

btw nice video Kristina!

it would be so sweet to have a video of the whole show. i wish i had brought a camera Roll Eyes

I was lucky enough to be in town for the show - such a coincidence - I was there to see Rufus Wainwright! It was amazing though - my second time to see Regina (my first time seeing her from a fan's perspective - being able to sing along) She's such a character... during her soundcheck she performed Poor Little Rich Boy (I wasn't lucky enough to be in the store - but I had my ear pressed firmly to the window) - I was a bit disappointed that she didn't play it during the show.

I noticed that someone filmed the entire show - and I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any plans for this to be released at any time in the future - perhaps as a special feature on a DVD... it wasn't just a fan recording - so I was just curious.

I'd love to be able to relive the show again... so fantastic!

My favorite moment was when somebody yelled out 'Play Baby Jesus' and then several people began yelling for 'Samson' - Regina just shook her head and said 'This is how I want to die - being torn apart by fans wanting me to play different songs' - adorable

~Adam

The Tower Records performance was really amazing! Even more amazing was to hear Regina singing in Russian! It was so sincere and touching, even though most of the listeners could not probably make out the sounds and the meaning. I wish she wrote some songs in Russian Smiler I fancy it will be a very special experience for her, as well as for the audience. After all she is not afraid to experiment, why not a different language?

Love you, Regina, and hope you'll take the challenge Smiler