Sign in to follow this  
christopherrr

begin to hope disc two

is great! listening to it now. the live crowd UH's in uh-merica are a little strangely mixed though. they cut off so abruptly, i think a little cross fade could have been executed..but if thats how regina wanted it, then so be it! she might have been going for a little laugh factor.

christopher

is great! listening to it now. the live crowd UH's in uh-merica are a little strangely mixed though. they cut off so abruptly, i think a little cross fade could have been executed..but if thats how regina wanted it, then so be it! she might have been going for a little laugh factor.

christopher

quote:
Originally posted by christopherrr:

christopher

I thought so too. Smiler

yeah the reason the UH's probably cut off is because there are allways a few people that come in very early on the UH! (usually first timers) and a few people that will give an extra UH at the end .......and yes it always is fun..because everyone laughs and the person that did it is always embarrased (i am sure i have done that at least once, on tagging the exta UH at the end.....i just want the song to last forever)

So on the recording, the mic that was set up to pick up crowd noise was probably just brought in on pro tools to get the uhhs that fit in time/rythm of the tune.

The most recent concert at Tonic, NYC though.....perfect Uhmerica. ...i mean flawless.....not a single straggler. We should have been on the cd.

Is the Uh merica live recording from the Irving Plaza that is the same on the single?

see, i didnt think that the UH's in this studio recorded uh-merica were a crowd, i thought it was meant to sound like an army, like soldiers singing it. makes sense with the song i though.

I liked the way she put the crowd in there, it kind of reminded me of a Blue Man Group song where the announcer says "May I have you're attention please. Please yell if you were paying attention". Then the crowd yells and it sounds a little bit like the crowd on Uh-merica. Can't remember the name of the song, though.