Sign in to follow this  
Op

6/14/06 Conan O'Brien

Ahhh, I freaking slept through it. I start work at 3am but was still going to stay up. I remember watching a bit of Jay Leno and the next thing I know I'm waking up to cheering and Conan saying that was one of his favourite performances in a long time by anybody or something similar to that, which I'm glad you confirmed lanky_lizard because I thought my pro-Regina subconscience might of made that up when I woke up in a haze. Worse yet they stopped doing the next day reruns.

Op, did you record the whole show or just Regina's performance?

Most local NBC affiliates rerun Conan shows exactly one week later, but at 3AM. My DirecTV service dropped for about the first 30 seconds of her performance, so I only have a partial recording.

Red Face

Next week, I will record it in DV and make it available as an iPod video...

She does indeed look beautiful with the straight hair. But, then again she always looks beautiful. Sounds like she plays a wrong note at one point? Doesn't matter, though, she sounded amazing as always. And yeah, she does seem very shy and modest all the time. I don't think it's an act. I had the great pleasure to meet her in Boston a few months ago, and when I gushed compliments she seemed genuinly appreciative and humbled. Just another reason why we all lover her so. <3

Bravo!

What a wonderful thing it can be to find Regina alone with a piano. She'll never be better, I say, than when she's stuck out there so, reddened and realized. Nor will many others be - she is a unique and spectacular version of one of the world's finest instruments.

Praisebetoyou, Ms. Spektor.

-------------------------------

Awesome, Thank you Op.

Bravo indeed. Regina did amazing and was able to quickly settle her nerves for a great performance. The heart earings were a nice touch to go with the song.

I've never seen Conan that genuinely impressed with any other artist he's had on his show. Both times Regina was on he seemed to really enjoy it without the usual curteous "smoke up the ass". (what does that saying even mean).

KingofTheSwing those weren't wrong notes they were jazz notes Wink