Sign in to follow this  
braille__

what is with the new sound?!

Well,

I will always be a Soviet Kitsch person. I love all four albums and I love this one: once you hear behind the money they are still GREAT songs and are performed very well. The only reason this is happening now is that for the first time Regina had enough studio time and money to allow it to. Lucky her and she has pulled it off really well.

Plus: On the Radio: a track I am not too fond produced sounds frigging awesome live.

(if anyone wants to have a bash at playing Regina's music: I have been doing it all day join yahoo and get onto the regispek group: they have most of the piano scores and it is very fun)

Personally I like the "new sound" alot. It's different, but it's still got that Regina feel to it. Begin to Hope is right up there in my favourite albums list Smiler I like all her stuff alot.

And JC, "bitches" is not the only word there is you know.. have you forgot the wisdom of T-Rex already? Razzer

I don't like the "new sound" (or Nuevo Sonida as Rudi and Spider call it) either. I doubt I ever will, I think it sounds like 'Regina does Kareoke'

No problems though, I just don't listen to it much. She's free to explore whatever styles she likes, I'm not going to call Judas just because it ain't MY style.

wow.. im pretty much a n00b in this group. the "new sound" was the first thing i heard from regina. i didnt even like soviet kitsch at first... i thought it was weird. but i got it because i knew i'd eventually warm up to the songs. honestly, i really like begin to hope, even though it is different. but now im going further back and getting all her older albums... im trying really hard to get my hands on live at bull moose. anyway, her new stuff, i guess, doesnt require such an aqquired taste.. a taste im glad ive come to have. although.. some of the songs.. do require that certain taste in music. i know, because my family only likes songs like fidelity and on the radio... they hate the songs like lady and that time.. and especially twenty years of snow. i read somewhere in here about her having more producing time, and i agree. i like it.

i also felt that i should mention

i think the reason i like the new album so much is because im more a fan of complicated music like that rather than the intimacy of just the piano and the voice. i wouldnt call it overproduced. and its all in a matter of taste and opinion, really, whether you rather more sound like in the new album, or the more intimate sound of her older albums.