alsoran

post your favorite photos of regina

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa!:

quote:
Originally posted by Kb93:

What is the big difference in OMTWF? I know the far version is faster and sounds more upbeat.

That is the difference. Before Far came out, Regina performed the song slower and with only the piano. It was a lot more somber.

a video of an old performance.

Those are basically the changes, and there were several songs on Far that got the same treatment, like Folding Chair. The difference with One More Time With Feeling is that it was a powerful song which everyone loved from day one, exactly as it was. It's probably up there with Loveology in terms of how much people liked the song... and not only the music, but the whole attitude and perspective of the song.

So, when it was announced to be on Far, people got very excited, but when the changes were heard, people were sort of shocked and disappointed. When something you love change in a way you're not expecting, when the change is more than just superficial and drastically alters the understood meaning, it can be very jarring.

I personally fail to see the problem a-lot of Regina fans have with adding production to a song. The song is still there along with its lyrics and notes. I understand having some trouble adapting the the change but I never seem to have a problem with it at all. But that is just my opinion though.

well see, i think that the problem most people have with omtwf is not actually the production. the problem is that what used to be an almost unbearably sad song about trying to stay hopeful in a hopeless situation literally changed overnight to become a peppy, optimistic song about "giving it another go."

...and that makes a huge difference. the strangest thing is, regina may have meant it to sound like that all these years, and we just read it completely differently than what she heard in her head (not too far fetched haha).

As a fan who came late to the party, I actually prefer the new version. It's almost dirge-like with the slower tempo. If it is correct to take the medical perspective on the song, it's much more inspiring with the up-beat, hopeful arrangement that came out on "far."

I remember hearing a difference when she played it at Mccaren Pool. I like both versions, but I think I like those first performances just a little bit better. I think it's just... having had that version of the song for a long time and having it's own meaning to me.. but I don't have a problem at all with the version that's on Far.. It's just preference.

quote:
Originally posted by good > perfect:

well see, i think that the problem most people have with omtwf is not actually the production.

Actually, my problem with the song is the production. To be honest, I think the song sounds a little ridiculous now. Even if I'd heard the Far version before the old version, I don't think I would like it. The more hopeful arrangement makes more sense with the lyrics, but it just sounds strange to me.

DSC01953.jpg

Regina says here she used to say 'super' a lot. I think she still uses this quite a lot, and it's one of my favourite Regina phrases. Like recently when spoke about the 'super' nice lady, who was 'super' sick.

She can't say it enough for me!

^^ Great! I love that we can read it too. I've been in Connecticut and haven't checked here in like a week! I will tell you all about my trip when I get back. I was at a family reunion today and couldn't watch the live stream Frowner And I haven't seen any Bonnaroo videos but I did wanna share the pics I've found Smiler I've just been so busy. I'm sure there will be much more nice pics soon!

tumblr_l3z3n0OVFq1qzd1yeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_l3z2bofUoQ1qavl6eo1_400.jpg

4696885789_111757003e.jpg

4696883995_7f56e7ac8c.jpg

4697515824_051e77ff62.jpg

4697517310_f159252c68.jpg

34e5b3c.jpg

tumblr_l3yyxrBNWy1qz5fzso1_500.png

4676074921_3eee479e7c.jpg

^^Not Bonnaroo but I'm not sure where this is from?