alsoran

post your favorite photos of regina

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie R.:

Despite the cigarette, I love this picture because of the outfit. Who else would come up with such a combination, though??

ahaha yeah, I love that, especially the shoes !!!

The Strokes were such a bad influence on her.

"Between mouthfuls of egg (sunny side up on rye), she says she used to be vegetarian, but touring with the Strokes, who existed on a diet of steaks and burgers, put paid to that." -from 2006 Guardian article from the Quotations thread (http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2006/jun/23/popandrock2)

And she also did hash in Amsterdam, which is not surprising at all. And she's allergic to wheat. Red Face

"Anyway, one last song and one last request for next time I'm here: Can someone please bake some flour-less spacecakes? This whole land is all about brownies and pancakes and what's a girl who's allergic to wheat supposed to do? Anyway, spelt spacecakes please."

-Paradiso Amsterdam on July 14, 2009

Note: 'Spacecake' is slang for a cake made with marijuana.

From her MySpace post about FAQs:

Some Questions i've been asked... (July 11, 2005)

http://blogs.myspace.com/index...1484&blogId=35626765

"1. Q. Do i smoke? A. it is sweet and amazing how often i get asked this question. Not anymore. i used to... a lot... it did awful things to my body, just as it does to many other human bodies... personally, i think it's some fucked up shit, and that the hard earned money we pay for it goes to pay for much expensive crap for much expensive crappy people who run those toxic companies... am i still addicted? hellz yeah... if you're trying to quit i'm with ya! it was hard, so good luck... i won't lie and say it's easy, but it feel good now...and no, i'm not a smoker hater, i understand... better than i want to... and though i wish good health to all my peeps, one of my favorite sayings is "to each his own"... and i firmly stand by it."

I'm a bit disappointed mostly because my dad smokes (he started at age 12 when his mum died) and my sister doesn't like bringing over her baby daughter because of it. I had a few (underage) friends who smoked and did a lot of other stuff and I was pretty angry at them because they're too wonderful to be self-destructive.

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

The Strokes were such a bad influence on her.

"Between mouthfuls of egg (sunny side up on rye), she says she used to be vegetarian, but touring with the Strokes, who existed on a diet of steaks and burgers, put paid to that." -from 2006 Guardian article from the Quotations thread (http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2006/jun/23/popandrock2)

And she also did hash in Amsterdam, which is not surprising at all. And she's allergic to wheat. Red Face

"Anyway, one last song and one last request for next time I'm here: Can someone please bake some flour-less spacecakes? This whole land is all about brownies and pancakes and what's a girl who's allergic to wheat supposed to do? Anyway, spelt spacecakes please."

-Paradiso Amsterdam on July 14, 2009

Note: 'Spacecake' is slang for a cake made with marijuana.

From her MySpace post about FAQs:

Some Questions i've been asked... (July 11, 2005)

http://blogs.myspace.com/index...1484&blogId=35626765

"1. Q. Do i smoke? A. it is sweet and amazing how often i get asked this question. Not anymore. i used to... a lot... it did awful things to my body, just as it does to many other human bodies... personally, i think it's some fucked up shit, and that the hard earned money we pay for it goes to pay for much expensive crap for much expensive crappy people who run those toxic companies... am i still addicted? hellz yeah... if you're trying to quit i'm with ya! it was hard, so good luck... i won't lie and say it's easy, but it feel good now...and no, i'm not a smoker hater, i understand... better than i want to... and though i wish good health to all my peeps, one of my favorite sayings is "to each his own"... and i firmly stand by it."

I'm a bit disappointed mostly because my dad smokes (he started at age 12 when his mum died) and my sister doesn't like bringing over her baby daughter because of it. I had a few (underage) friends who smoked and did a lot of other stuff and I was pretty angry at them because they're too wonderful to be self-destructive.

Anyway...

Why so judgmental? She's a wonderful human being, whether or not she wants to smoke.

*sigh*

I resent it when people tell me to unnecessarily calm down or chill out when I'm not the least bit angry or concerned. I am perfectly calm and stoic, thank you. ;^) No really.

To clear up any confusion: I'm not really casting any judgments or stones. I neither endorse nor condemn such a lifestyle (because I couldn't stop someone even if I tried).

Let's all take a deep breath and step away very very slowly and quietly.

Now, let's go back to admiring Regina:

Happier times

reginaspektor-at-ted09.jpg

From TED2009 Conference, Feb 4, 2009

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie R.:

^^Going back to the old photo again (sorry), does anyone know where/when it's from? It looks like it might be in Manchester, but I can't tell.

It's from the Night and Day Cafe in Manchester, November 2003.