UrbnBoy123

Samson

42 posts in this topic

just wondering if anyone knows what this song is about. it's such a beautiful song, but i just have the hardest time figuring out what she's singing about.

just wondering if anyone knows what this song is about. it's such a beautiful song, but i just have the hardest time figuring out what she's singing about.

Wow, I just read the lyrics to samson on that site and where it says "beneath the stars keep falling on our heads, but thier just soft light, their just soft light" Well I have always thought that she said "but they're just out late, they're just out late" and it really made sense, in that weird doesn't-really-make-sense poetic kinda way. No one else seems to have heard it that way though

I almost like that way better. Almost...?

I'm going to listen to it now, just to see.

I agree, it's "old light", referring to the fact that stars are just light we see millions of years after a star has died (due to the fact that light has to travel so far to reach Earth, there's a bit of a delay).

samson's about the story of samson and delilah, which is, despite the lyrics saying the bible didnt mention us, in the bible, in the prophets section of the old testament. get your bibles out and start reading where reg tell you about her fave jewish story

steve

www.myspace.com/abandondrugs1 (samson remix)

she does say 'old light'.

and its obviously about samson and delilah, i figured the reason she says they arent mentioned in the bible is meant to mean the bible didn't portray them in the way they really were.

some1 on songmeanings said that they thought it was written from the perspective of some1 who was with samson before delilah, i dont exactly agree but i thought it was a nice take on it.

It is a "love" story about Samson and Delilah from the bible. Delilah keeps trying to find his weakness..it ends up being that when she cuts his hair he loses his strength. I can't remember the whole thing now.. But there is also something about the columns too. I thought that was very interesting that I thought the song was so sweet and I found out the story behind it--it was sort of sad. I love that Regina does this in a lot of her songs. She seems to mention quite a few interesting people in her songs..