Sign in to follow this  
Fran

The Meaning Behind 11:11?

Does anyone know why Regina called 11:11 by this name? I've always associated this time of day/night with making a wish...But I also know it has stong associations with spirituality...Any ideas? Just curious!

~Fran

Okay, so I am replying to my own post...Sorry for being such a dork, I decided to look up 11:11 in the Brumstix search (of course after I started a conversation, which apparently you can't erase) and found that some people had talked about this a year ago...

http://reginaspektor.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4541...1050701/r/7631087801

But more importantly, ironically and hilariously: I just thought I would point out that when you search 11:11 in the "Find" box, it comes up with 11 pages of responses...Weird or what?

Also, I reccomend checking out Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11:11

Anyone else want to talk about the meaning of 11:11? Feel free! I'm interested to know your thoughts!

The title 11:11 always reminded me of Remembrance Day. The 11th Month, the 11th Day, the 11th minute of the 11th hour... You know, "a moment of silence"?

Anyway, I never thought the album title meant this, nor have I ever really cared what the album title means, but I still think of the date every time I see it.

yeah, that's what I've always thought too...Is that childhood lore? How do we know that? My parents don't remember teaching me that...Maybe it's a mandatory part of the Primary Public education system? Wink

There's a clock by my front door and on the last three times I've looked at it, I've happened to look at it at exactly "11:11".

The first time, I thought - hey cool - Regina... The second and third times have freaked me out a little. I've stopped looking at that clock.

I have more barely relevant stories where that one came from, too!

quote:
Originally posted by lemonjelly:

There's a clock by my front door and on the last three times I've looked at it, I've happened to look at it at exactly "11:11".

that happens to me all the freaking time.

anyone else celebrating saturday with some Regina?