Sign in to follow this  
submergedcalamity

Bad Reviews

I know people have been posting the good reviews of Regina lately but I've been reading a lot of pretty harsh ones. The last one I read was in the metro and it gave her 2 1/2 stars out of 5 for Begin to Hope. What they all have in common is how the new album compared to the others is the added instruments and how poorly it's produced. People believe that they were stuck in there unnecesarily and the music is far from regina's earlier and better work.

yikes. has anyone else heard bad reviews?

I know people have been posting the good reviews of Regina lately but I've been reading a lot of pretty harsh ones. The last one I read was in the metro and it gave her 2 1/2 stars out of 5 for Begin to Hope. What they all have in common is how the new album compared to the others is the added instruments and how poorly it's produced. People believe that they were stuck in there unnecesarily and the music is far from regina's earlier and better work.

yikes. has anyone else heard bad reviews?

I have read a couple of fair reviews, but most of the ones I have seen have been quite positive. There will always be the people out there who don't get it... guess they just miss out. I, for one, love the album. So frankly, I don't really care what the reviewers say. :P

I love it, too. I hate reading reviews of any kind because really, they're just someone else's opinion. I've never really been one to do or not do something just because someone else does or doesn't like it. It kinda irritates me that so many people take reviews so seriously. I mean, I'm interested in all the "Begin To Hope" reviews because I do want to see what other people think of it, but the day I'd actually say, "I'm not going to buy/rent/whatever this CD/DVD/book/whatever because these critics didn't like it"....yikes.

On another note...I've been seeing more good reviews than bad ones, as well. I haven't really been reading that many, but still...

I do believe this post has a heavy air of hypsocrisy to it.

Oh well...it makes sense to me. Razzer

Not necessarily a bad review, but certainly not the most glowing either --

http://www.cokemachineglow.com/reviews/spektor_hope2006.html

I have to admit, though, I found it to be more honest and accurate than the bunch raving about the guest appearance of The Strokes' guitarist and how this is a big step forward for Ms. Spektor because she "reigned in her quirks".

Now that just pisses me off. Ugh. Mad What makes him and his opinions so great that we should all base our opinions of the album off of his??? People like that talk like they know everything and that God forbid they might just be wrong, or that our opinions should differ from theirs. Mad

*sigh* Perhaps I'm just - well, I know I am - overreacting. See this is why I don't read reviews. They get me all...all...befuddled and flustered. Razzer

there is not an album ever released that hasn't gotten at least a few bad reviews. even the most "classic" albums had bad reviews when they were released. however, once those albums got to the point of being classic, those early negative reviews mysteriously disappeared.

hmm. well, this guy didnt even get the lyrics to samson right. probably gets paid to write those, and cant even take time out to get the info right. i dont mind that some people dont like it, thats just dandy, but i dont like how he "speaks for the fans" like he is the fucking Lorax. the album seems to be accepted and liked as far as i can tell, and i'm sure that regina isnt going to resign because some internet article writer is a dick.