Sign in to follow this  
abandondrugs

begin to hope album/song mystery/let-down

Hey abandondrugs cheers for pointing this out. I was there too and couldn't hear what song was being requested and assumed it was an old one. I also thought it slightly strange to forget what seems like such a fresh song. During the second performance she offered a slightly better explanation when requested to play a different song, (I forget which). Her knee-jerk reaction to being inturupted like this seems to be to say she doesn't know how to play it, but she then went on to explain how there are 'tons of songs I don't know how to play anymore', and I believe her. In fact I bet there are tons of songs we'll never get to hear even once.

I haven't been into Regina for very long time but i gather that she knows (almost) exactly what she wants to do when she walks into a performance hall. She seemed quite thrown after both requests, and also the first night a little embarrassed that she couldn't please EVERYONE! (And how sweet she was with it!)

My point is that maybe she hasn't simply forgotten how to play Begin to Hope, more she hasn't been practising it because she wasn't going to perform it?

I'd love to have heard it played live too (and/or on record}, and others also, so I guess we'll just have to keep going to her shows.

Also just for the record I think the jet-lagged regina of the first night was way cooler. does anyone agree?

Oh and by the way how about we stop requesting songs!

cheap and juicy

innit?

I agree - I think 'I've forgotten how to play it' is just a polite way of saying 'Please don't interrupt me three songs into my performance, for which I've put together a perfectly good set list'!

I thought a jet-lagged Regina was slightly overawed in front of what was quite a formal audience - several hundred people, sitting down in a 'grown-up' venue etc. We didn't get quite as much inter-song charming chitchat that we usually get, but she sounded great.

I was also at Nottingham on Saturday. There the sound was not as good as QEH, but the atmosphere (and Regina) was much more relaxed, and it was the first time I'd heard an audience singing along to Regina's songs - 'MaryAnn's a BITCH'. She seemed to be enjoying herself much more (despite the heat and fainting), and looked good in her shorts.

At last "Begin To Hope" arrived in Britain, on its official release date today and I got the 2 CD Special Edition in Eastbourne this very morning. Wink

I have no complaints, I just love it and now can't wait to see the lady live, for my first time, in Brighton on 25th July and hopefully get my album cover signed! Roll Eyes