Sign in to follow this  
LittleVoice

MY REGINA DAY

Woah you guys missed out BIG style. I have one very bad quality photo of the gig she did at the Sage Gateshead and she was performing on a beautiful Steinway grand piano which made her sound absolutly amazing - not that she doesn't already of course.

Thanks for the Madonna thing by the way ! I'm a happy happy boy

Nah, I don't think we missed out, Regina packed a great set together at Brighton Concorde2, with an acappella starter, keyboard based songs, then guitar-backed numbers then she even threw in the Kitchen Chair. Smiler

In a sedate setting a Steinway Grand would be great, but the Brighton Concorde2 last Tuesday evening was so very NOT a sedate setting. Wink

Additionally, the Steinway wouldn't fit into the Public Lift to bring it down to Madeira Drive! Big Grin

ReginaConcorde033.jpg

Poor little rich boy, Oh, the World is OK

The water runs off your skin and down into the drain

You're reading Fitzgerald, You're reading Hemingway

They're both super smart and drinking in cafes

But you don't love your girlfriend, you don't. Roll Eyes

ReginaConcorde024.jpg

I don't want the memories of that special night in Brighton to fade, so I'm digging into my photobucket again, to show you all how much Regina enjoyed herself too. Cool

Regina has a really disarming smile, full of mischief and the audience don't know what is coming next, a gentle love song like "Samson" or something altogether more naughty like "Bobbing For Apples". Big Grin

ReginaConcorde004.jpg

I have just been looking through Sam Ford's fine photographs of the Regina Brighton Concorde2 gig and he has covered it from a completely different angle. Smiler

I think that makes that gig the most extensively covered on this Forum ever. Roll Eyes

I have now added another of my photos from the venue, featuring the posters on the window! Wink

Does anyone have any photos taken inside the Toilets or the Public Lift to complete the set? Big Grin

ReginaConcorde028.jpg

I wasn't so keen on this photo at first! Confused

However, now that Sam Ford has put photos of the Concorde2 audience up, for your delectation, I think that it is quite appropriate to show Regina's beaming smile, as she chats to that very audience, packed in front of the stage. Big Grin

wow!

ive never seen a gig covered this well photo wise. thank you. it was a bit special.

i have a few more from the night, i made a little gallery thing on until i found this forum, if anyones interested. lots of the crowd so you might spot yourself, if you were about that night.

heres the address

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sam_ford/sets/72157594212466153/

198707217_0749ed154f.jpg

www.myspace.com/sford_

I took this photo becos i loved the colour of the lights in the bar area. i wanted to take a photo of the toilet doors as they had stecil art on it, im a great fan of banksy. I didnt take the photo as someone may think im strange taking photos of the toilet area!