Sign in to follow this  
Sidekick

Leeds show 21/07/2006

Hiya people of the forum! I'm new, but don't worry I wont bite. Smiler

So then after finding and falling in love with Regina's music from the Sky Plus advert my time finally came to see her live.

What a fantastic gig, if a little hot. Only Son who supported was excellent and very funny.

I enjoyed hearing all the songs i'd come to love from her albums. This was the first time I had seen her live and the special songs she played, "Baby Jesus" and "Bobbin' for apples", were a great suprise to me and made the gig extra special. I can't wait to see her again.

Did anyone else go to this gig?

Hiya people of the forum! I'm new, but don't worry I wont bite. Smiler

So then after finding and falling in love with Regina's music from the Sky Plus advert my time finally came to see her live.

What a fantastic gig, if a little hot. Only Son who supported was excellent and very funny.

I enjoyed hearing all the songs i'd come to love from her albums. This was the first time I had seen her live and the special songs she played, "Baby Jesus" and "Bobbin' for apples", were a great suprise to me and made the gig extra special. I can't wait to see her again.

Did anyone else go to this gig?

Hi

I was there at the City Varieties in Leeds

A great gig on a very hot night

This was the first time I had seen Regina live. Got to here about her through recommendations on other websites

Had a nice chat before the gig with a girl from Utah who had travelled all the way from Oxford just for the gig

I was impressed by the high level of devotion many people seem to feel towards Regina amongst the audience

Cool someone else went.

I'd never been to the City Varieties before, but the venue was brilliant really old fashioned with great character. It's the kind of place I could imagine Victorian's using.

I was sat next to a couple who had come over from York for the gig, admitedly not the biggest trip but sure shows how people will travel to see her.

Hello, I'm moving up to Leeds in a few months (for university) has Regina played up Leeds quite a bit over the past few years? I'm hoping she has, as I don't fancy travelling back to Birmingham to see her!

Also; any Leeds Regina fans fancy being my pals? I bet you do, honestly, I'm really great. Well, not really.

No one will reply to this now. Bugger.

I went to the leeds show it was brilliant i sent her a bunch of flowers backstage never did find out whether she got them or not hope so. Did any one get any pictures by any chance?

quote:
Originally posted by Josh:

I went to the leeds show it was brilliant i sent her a bunch of flowers backstage never did find out whether she got them or not hope so. Did any one get any pictures by any chance?

The flowers would have probably died in the heat anyway! Big Grin

I never took any photos, and i'm starting to regret it now.

Did anyone here buy anything from the show?

I saw her in Manchester in January, but I can't remember if there was a Leeds part to that tour, I saw her last October as well in Birmingham, but didn't even bother checking about a Leeds show. I do hope she plays up there when I'm at university though. Can I just ask what's the venue like?

I'm everso apprehensive about university, mainly because I worry future flatmates are going to be freaked out by the amount of Spektor stuff I have lurking about.