Sign in to follow this  
adamjk

FIDELITY music video

quote:
Originally posted by Korinnasaurus:

Also, I'm guessing that many people will see that video and buy Begin To Hope and love it. Then they go buy Soviet Kitsch and are like, "What the fuck?"

Hmm.

Yeah totally. But hopefully they will realise how good Soviet Kitsch is and then buy all the other Regina Stuff they can get their hands on Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

Ummm... why is she playing piano in the video?

Ummm... because she can?

I think hes asking because theres no piano in the begin to hope recording of the piece.

I think the answer is, the girl in the video isn't regina (well it is. You know what i mean), its a character.

The lyrics are very based around music, its about music being an outlet for unrequited love (at least, thats how i see it), so it makes sense to show the 'character' playing the piano.

quote:
Originally posted by Fran:

I'm glad she's becoming more famous! The more people who are inspired by her hopeful messages, the better! Hope is something that needs to be shared: There is power in numbers! Whether they realize it or not, everyone is eventually affected by the messages, don't underestimate people's intelligence! Another great reason for her fame is that you can now share your love for the music with more people! Why do so many see that as a bad thing? We were all new to Regina's music at some point! Don't be so elitist! And now that I got that off my chest, have a great day! Wink

~Fran

PS: Thanks jweprich and Sidekick, I found the Fidelity Video!

PPS: I love your signature Sidekick! "Put your car in reverse and come back to me"...

I want her to be famous (because it's better for us, she will be able to release more songs and I'll be able to buy her cds that I can't buy in Chile because of her un-popularity) but I also want that people who listen to her understand that she's not another musician... I mean, in my country where english is not the first language, almost no one will understand her lyrics and understand her hopeful message, they will listen to her songs as they listen to any other artist singing about stupid things... I don't understimate people's intelligence, but I understimate chilean's english =P

I'm sure that people who speak and understand english will be touched by her messages and know she's unique... And if she gets more famous I'll be able to buy the original cds Big Grin

PS. I'm loving Fidelity video more everyday Smiler

Yes. I was referring to the fact that there is no piano in the album version of Fidelity. Hence, the playing of piano in the video makes no sense. Regarless of some sort of lyrical message, it's still bizarre. Possibly even annoying since it can be distracting to see.

the above should read like this to those that have been here long enough to know me: I am still a bit sensitive when it comes to some of the new versions of songs, and removing the piano from Fidelity is a sore wound that need not be reopened - and certainly not by the video for said song.

I have been trying for a couple of weeks to find a decent version of Regina's "Samson" video, as the link on her website has gone belly-up, then you lot told me that there was a video for "Fidelity" that MTV wouldn't allow me access to! Red Face

Then thankfully that You Tube link for "Fidelity" was put on and I got to see it. Wink

That is typical Regina, quirky, zany but nice then I found a link to a fully operational "Samson" video and that knocked me out with its sheer class, sophistication,pure beauty and calming effect, I just love "Samson". Roll Eyes

If any of you have missed the "Samson" video, go to http://www.rhapsody.com/reginaspektor/videos/samson Cool

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

Yes. I was referring to the fact that there is no piano in the album version of Fidelity. Hence, the playing of piano in the video makes no sense. Regarless of some sort of lyrical message, it's still bizarre. Possibly even annoying since it can be distracting to see.

the above should read like this to those that have been here long enough to know me: I am still a bit sensitive when it comes to some of the new versions of songs, and removing the piano from Fidelity is a sore wound that need not be reopened - and certainly not by the video for said song.

Like I said, would you have preferred her plucking strings? I sort of enjoyed her playing the piano because for those who dont know the song, she starts playing, but strings are the sound. Sort of a surprise... I liked it.

Anyone who doesn't want Regina to become more successful and attract a larger audience for her music is selfish and rude.

Sorry, but how many times can we make the same arguements?

quote:
Originally posted by adamjk:

Anyone who doesn't want Regina to become more successful and attract a larger audience for her music is selfish and rude.

Sorry, but how many times can we make the same arguements?

It is selfish but I totally understand how people can feel like that. Sometimes I feel that way with certain "underground" musicians..sometimes I wish I could keep their music for myself because it is so wonderful and other times I want the whole world to hear it.