Sign in to follow this  
adamjk

FIDELITY music video

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

Yes. I was referring to the fact that there is no piano in the album version of Fidelity. Hence, the playing of piano in the video makes no sense. Regarless of some sort of lyrical message, it's still bizarre. Possibly even annoying since it can be distracting to see.

the above should read like this to those that have been here long enough to know me: I am still a bit sensitive when it comes to some of the new versions of songs, and removing the piano from Fidelity is a sore wound that need not be reopened - and certainly not by the video for said song.

Oh get a life. regina decides this is the way she wants to present her music and your upset about it? What kind of fan are you? Only if it's done the way you like it??? regina has clearly stated, on numerous ocassions, that she was not pressured. That this is the way she has envisioned these songs. But you've been around here long enough to know that.

I've been lurking around here long enough to know that you are showing disrespekt. regina has decided this is the way they shall be. Get over yourself and respekt that!

You're annoyed and distracted by her video??? Move on my friend. I for one love the video. I think it's her best yet.

Screw the mannequin, he doesn't deserve Regina.

(List of new lows in my life: Mannequin Envy- Check)

Stephanie Marie, this one was directed by Marc Webb.

quote:
Originally posted by jweprich:

^ Thank you! All that was in my head... But if i would have written it the vocabulary would have been a little more colorful! Big Grin

My non-conditional respekt for regina kept the color out!

quote:
Originally posted by jweprich:

Like I said, would you have preferred her plucking strings? I sort of enjoyed her playing the piano because for those who dont know the song, she starts playing, but strings are the sound. Sort of a surprise... I liked it.

You're allowed to like it. I'm happy you liked it. I found it distracting. And since you asked (albeit, in an arrogant/defensive way), I would prefer that she wasn't playing any instruments. If she DID play any instruments for the recording, I wouldn't mind seeing that in the video either. I don't know why you seem to suggest that seeing Regina plucking strings would be a bad thing.

Anyway for the record, I find music videos that feature 'beauty shots' of the band playing, are often uninteresting or lack creativity. More fulfilling (to me as a viewer, and surely to the creators) are videos that exclusively feature interesting narratives or are based around a compelling creative idea or insight. Blah, blah, blah... I'm going on a tangent here.