Sign in to follow this  
adamjk

FIDELITY music video

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Oh get a life. regina decides this is the way she wants to present her music and your upset about it? What kind of fan are you? Only if it's done the way you like it??? regina has clearly stated, on numerous ocassions, that she was not pressured. That this is the way she has envisioned these songs. But you've been around here long enough to know that.

I've been lurking around here long enough to know that you are showing disrespekt. regina has decided this is the way they shall be. Get over yourself and respekt that!

You're annoyed and distracted by her video??? Move on my friend. I for one love the video. I think it's her best yet.

I just noticed this post. You are an angry, misguided individual.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC: I just noticed this post. You are an angry, misguided individual.

Now that's funny. You completely disregard and disrespekt regina's artistic preferences and then you say that?? You ought to read the post again.....

quote:

Now that's funny. You completely disregard and disrespekt regina's artistic preferences and then you say that?? You ought to read the post again.....

seems to me johnnyc was only letting his opinion be known, making some conversation, not making a big deal fo it or anything... then you come along and start making digs.

nowhere have i seen johnny disrespect Regina or her 'artistic preferences'

quote:

Oh get a life. regina decides this is the way she wants to present her music and your upset about it? What kind of fan are you? Only if it's done the way you like it??? regina has clearly stated, on numerous ocassions, that she was not pressured. That this is the way she has envisioned these songs. But you've been around here long enough to know that.

I've been lurking around here long enough to know that you are showing disrespekt. regina has decided this is the way they shall be. Get over yourself and respekt that!

You're annoyed and distracted by her video??? Move on my friend. I for one love the video. I think it's her best yet.

Alright, just because someone doesn't like something that an artist did doesn't mean they're disrespecting it. Johnny didn't even say he doesn't like the song "Fidelity", just the new version of it. "Fidelity" is one of my favorite Regina songs, but I'm not a fan of the new version either.

So your definition of a fan is based on you liking everything Regina has done so far against someone who doesn't like a certain version of one song. I hope I'm not misinterpreting what Johnny said, and I'm not really trying to come to his defense, I just think that what this person is saying makes no sense and is disrespektful.

It's almost like you're pissed because someone has a different opinion than yours. Get a life, move on.

Back to the topic at hand... I think the piano was included in the video simply to give a message that Regina plays it, and perhaps also gives off the message that she writes her own music. That's the message I get when I see someone playing an instrument in a music video, although it might not always apply...

Ahhh, Rational Discussion. Welcome back to this thread, you were missed.

It is true, there is keyboard in the song, luvthecanadian. It's a very different sound though from piano or even synth piano, so I'm sure you can appreciate my perspective in my original comment.

The question of my respect however, has never been a question. It is eternally there. I haven't even discussed the video yet, which I love.

Hm. Still sounds like real piano to me...

It's a very tinny piano, I've played uprights that have sounded exactly like that...

Now your respect? From what I've read so far that you've posted...it's there, definately. I dunno what other people here are talking about...

I think she is playing the piano because "that's what she does" and new people to the fold will be able to see the video and remember that fact about her. It's any easy grip for people to start with.