Sign in to follow this  
adamjk

FIDELITY music video

i have been a fan far before VH1 not too far but kinda. i found her on myspace on the dresden dolls myspace but i doo agree with alot of you when it was not on tv my friends where like what is john listening to. some kinda liked her and now all kinds of people i know started to like her. i just hope they really like her and they are not just jumping on the "i want to be cool bus". i just really like piano and when i herd regina spektor the first time it was my favorite artist and will always be.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

Ummm... why is she playing piano in the video?

phhhaaahaha I must say I've never read and therefore never realized the hilarity in this thread before.

But, I have to say something. As someone whose very very very first impression of regina was the fidelity video, I too immediately wondered why she was "playing" piano. To be perfectly honest, due to the lack of piano in the song, and her "unconventional" style of playing it (lifting her hands 10miles above the keys) in the vid, I thought she must be some airhead singer who they just sat at a piano for looks (so, so sorry reginka). In fact, it was only recently that i finally came to terms with it. Watching her on Jools Holland, I saw her repeatedly lift her hands to near-fidelity proportions off the keys and in that moment, it all became ok.

Not that that kept me from adoring the fidelity video it all this time.

PS- someone needs to make it their life quest to find the alternate video for fidelity. any takers???

The Fidelity video was my first impression of Regina, too.

I was so completely awestruck that I never even NOTICED that she was playing an instrument that isn't even a part of the song. I would have never realized this had it not been for your post.

You really do learn something new every day!

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

PS- someone needs to make it their life quest to find the alternate video for fidelity. any takers???

?? Does this "exist" ??

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

quote:

?? Does this "exist" ??

I believe there was a two or three second excerpt of it in Adria Petty's promotional montage on her old web. Someone can try contaction Adria she might be willing to feature the video on her site.

quote:

To be perfectly honest, due to the lack of piano in the song...

But there is piano in the song... In the chorus at least. Confused Oh well, I liked that fake piano playing part when I first saw it. Haha. Smiler