Sign in to follow this  
adamjk

FIDELITY music video

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

As someone whose very very very first impression of regina was the fidelity video, I too immediately wondered why she was "playing" piano. To be perfectly honest, due to the lack of piano in the song, and her "unconventional" style of playing it (lifting her hands 10miles above the keys) in the vid, I thought she must be some airhead singer who they just sat at a piano for looks (so, so sorry reginka).

Haha very interesting intro-to-Regina story. I wasn't a very refined music listener when I first watched the video, and I didn't realize that there wasn't much (or any) piano to be heard.

quote:
Originally posted by Wild Child:

quote:

To be perfectly honest, due to the lack of piano in the song...

But there is piano in the song... In the chorus at least. Confused Oh well, I liked that fake piano playing part when I first saw it. Haha. Smiler

You're right. Regina plays piano in the chorus only, and in the video, she's playing piano at the chorus. Makes sense to me.

A lot of people on this forum have no idea what they're talking about.

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

quote:

quote:

But there is piano in the song... In the chorus at least. Confused Oh well, I liked that fake piano playing part when I first saw it. Haha. Smiler

You're right. Regina plays piano in the chorus only, and in the video, she's playing piano at the chorus. Makes sense to me.

Yeah, no. You're all right. There IS piano in the song. Sorry for sounding dumb, by "lack" i didn't mean NONE. I just meant that the song was so heavily "non-piano" it seemed that she was just tossed in front of one for that little bit to pretend for effect. I dunno. Like I said, I knew nothing of regina at that point. (Admittedly, and despite still not knowing how very wrong I was about her, by the 3rd time I watched it I was becoming obsessed- "fake" piano playing or not.)

btw, if you all didn't yet see. The reg's official youtube channel put up a

. Ooo so pretty, I feel like it's my first time actually SEEING it! xx

@Alicia- elusive yes, but i belive it exists. see this mini-discussion

quote:
new better quality Fidelity video

aaaand its not available in my country. Thanks a bundle WMG. It's Proxy Time!

Edit: this is infuriating. I can watch all of regina's low quality videos in canada, but as soon as i choose an HQ video i'm breaching copyright law? I don't get it. Its not like there are ads that are only licensed to the US between scenes. Gah! (Also, proxies make the video load really slowly and not all the way Frowner)

Edit Edit: amazing. I can watch Dance Anthem in HQ from Canada, but not Fidelity, Better or Us. this continues to make more and more sense.

^It makes even more sense considering I can watch all the videos in HQ in the Czech Republic, go Canada!

Weird, normally I'm told "this is not available in your area" thingy everytime I want to watch something, anything copyrighted.

btw Hotspot Shield is better than public proxy. It's free and really fast (most of the time).

quote:
btw Hotspot Shield is better than public proxy. It's free and really fast (most of the time)

Thanks for the tip! Hotspot Shield is much faster than the proxies i was using. The Us video is so beautiful in HQ, and i never thought that regina looked like herself in the Fidelity video until i saw it in HQ.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, no. You're all right. There IS piano in the song. Sorry for sounding dumb, by "lack" i didn't mean NONE. I just meant that the song was so heavily "non-piano" it seemed that she was just tossed in front of one for that little bit to pretend for effect. I dunno. Like I said, I knew nothing of regina at that point. (Admittedly, and despite still not knowing how very wrong I was about her, by the 3rd time I watched it I was becoming obsessed- "fake" piano playing or not.)

@Alicia- elusive yes, but i belive it exists. see this mini-discussion

Woops sorry my post was actually more aimed at JohnnyC even though his post was on the first page... and it's 3 years old. I didn't notice the dates on these posts until after I had already posted agreeing with Wild Child. So, no worries.

quote:

WB, why do you hate us? This disappeared. FrownerMad