Sign in to follow this  
Fran

Favorite Soup

I'm so torn...I love chunky soups with noodles(like Minestrone) but I also love cream of spinach with pine nut soup...And I love "Egg Drop Soup" which is a Chinese delicacy (in my opinion). I used to like Chicken Noodle, but I've been vegatarian since I was 4, so I don't really remember it...

I think the best tasting soup is the soup that takes three hours to make, cook, strain out the chunky bits, cook the chunky bits a bit more, put them back in to the soup, decide to add more chunky bits, cook some more, think that it's getting too chunky now, put in blender, forget lid, make mess, saved most of it, all smooth now though, add yet more chunky bits, cook, simmer, get exhausted, sit down just as family comes in, they see mess, get in trouble, not too much trouble, but enough to get your family annoyed at you, clean up mess, reheat and serve.

Because, at the end of the day, you have a gaint pot of soup that can last for days and can comfort you for a long while. And you made it. You.

Just thought I'd mention...I'm making soup right now so I can have some to eat tomorrow after my first day of school...I have a feeling I may need it. Haha.

I basically just basically threw shit in a pot and am hoping it turns out well. Ooh I just tasted it and it isn't bad. Big Grin