Sign in to follow this  
LittleVoice

The Janice Long Show

Regina is scheduled to appear again in a LIVE session on BBC Radio 2's The Janice Long Show on 25th August, after midnight. Smiler

Regina did a cracking session with Janice before Christmas and it was particularly memorable for me, as I won a copy of "Mary Ann Meets The Gravediggers and Other Short Stories". Roll Eyes

I will remind you all again nearer the time but the BBC have an excellent Listen Live and Listen Again Facility on the net, so you will all have every chance to hear sweet Regina discussing her UK Tour and latest project. Wink

Janice does take questions from her listeners to ask her guests, so do contact her Show, via http://www.bbc.com , scroll down to Radio 2, Click on "Listen Again" then scroll down to Janice Long and there is a contact system,so FILL YOUR BOOTS Big Grin

Janice Long really gets the very best out of lady singer/songwriters during her "Sessions" and Regina, Nerina Pallot, Cara Dillon, Rosie Thomas and Katie Melua were all quite excellent in that environment. Cool

Regina is scheduled to appear again in a LIVE session on BBC Radio 2's The Janice Long Show on 25th August, after midnight. Smiler

Regina did a cracking session with Janice before Christmas and it was particularly memorable for me, as I won a copy of "Mary Ann Meets The Gravediggers and Other Short Stories". Roll Eyes

I will remind you all again nearer the time but the BBC have an excellent Listen Live and Listen Again Facility on the net, so you will all have every chance to hear sweet Regina discussing her UK Tour and latest project. Wink

Janice does take questions from her listeners to ask her guests, so do contact her Show, via http://www.bbc.com , scroll down to Radio 2, Click on "Listen Again" then scroll down to Janice Long and there is a contact system,so FILL YOUR BOOTS Big Grin

Janice Long really gets the very best out of lady singer/songwriters during her "Sessions" and Regina, Nerina Pallot, Cara Dillon, Rosie Thomas and Katie Melua were all quite excellent in that environment. Cool

I have never worked for The BBC, I just admire the work that Janice Long puts in on her extremely early morning show, to help new bands and artists break into the cruel Music Business. Wink

In fact I am now retired and can spend part of my twilight years enjoying good music. Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Volodya:

Like the F.B.I.,...,and the C.I.A.,..., and the B.B.C....

Perhaps their radio shows are better than their news service.

What have you got against the BBC news service? They're one of the few completely impartial news services left out there, unlike many of the large US services.

Anyway, I'm setting my PVR tonight to record the show. I haven't done it before, but if it turns out OK I'll endeavour to post the session up here.

B.

Contrary to popular belief, especially among my fellow British citizens, the BBC is by far not impartial....by FAR.

In fact...I do not know of one English (or Russian) news service that IS impartial...

Apparently, the Scandinavian news sources "rated highest" in the "free press" poll that some "people" carried out. I found this out through the BBC actually. But here is something along those lines: http://soundingcircle.com/newslog2.php/__show_article/_a000195-000516.htm

I guess I read way too much news and so it is much clearer to see who is biased in what area and by how much. My strategy now: read many news sources (CNN, BBC, Al-Jazeera, Rambler, Moscow News, Lenta, AP, Rueters, Jerusalem Post,...) and then take the average (see I do too much Mathematics too)...that tends to paint a more accurate picture of the state of affairs our poor planet is suffering under today.

Unfortunately, I use the BBC and Lenta way too much.

If only I could read in the Scandinavian languages...

Anyway.... like a Rolling Stone....like the FBI...and the CIA...and the BBC...BB King...and Doris Day...and Matt Busby...dig it...dig it...dig it.

JaniceLong.jpg

Oh Yeah, the BBC and particularly Janice Long are totally biased and out to be subversive. Eeker

Tonight Janice Long will probably state on air how much she enjoys Regina Spektor, but this is all really a propaganda plot to infiltrate the minds of unsuspecting listeners. Wink