Sign in to follow this  
Fran

Vinyls...

So I'm having trouble findin' Regina Vinyl...I find it strange that it isn't advertised through her website...And SO: Because I'm a visual person and l LOVE graphs, let's see how many of you have managed to get your grubby pays on some vinyl!

PS Am I missing any?

PPS If you have more than one vinyl, chose the last option (apparently you can't vote more than once)

So I'm having trouble findin' Regina Vinyl...I find it strange that it isn't advertised through her website...And SO: Because I'm a visual person and l LOVE graphs, let's see how many of you have managed to get your grubby pays on some vinyl!

PS Am I missing any?

PPS If you have more than one vinyl, chose the last option (apparently you can't vote more than once)

And, FYI, I just recieved this email from Shoplifter Records, which is *said* to have produced "Your Honour/The Flowers":

"I am so sorry, but I have never actually seen any vinyl copies of those songs (I wish I could hear it on Vinyl- for sure!) Her label in USA Sire must have printed them, and I never was told about it at all! Thanks for seeing my site though...

I have more:

www.myspace.com/gordonraphaelmusic

www.myspace/sarahmaguireuk

and www.myspace.com/absinthee

these have my best work on em!

xxx Gordon"

Thanks Gordon, hugs to you too!

and also FYI, a message from Transgressive Records as to whether "Mary Ann..." will be made into a LP:

Hi Tim,

It's so cool that you and all your co-workers are so young! It's an inspiration! Anyways, my question for you is this: Under the 'buy'

section of your website, there's a link that says Regina Spektor: Mary Ann Meets the Gravediggers..."Buy LP" but when you click on it, it takes you to a CD. Is there actually any Vinyl floating around out there? I'm asking on behalf of about half a dozen vinyl crazed fans.

Thanks!

Fran.

Hey up!

Thanks for your interest...

At the moment we're looking at making a vinyl version of the LP, but we have to re-licence it from Sire in the US, so it may well be a long while! In the meantime, i'd go for the CD!

Tim. x

Wow...Everyone in the Record Industry is so huggy...Hugs to you too Tim.

You're a gem for the research Fran.

I always thought that the X's were kisses though, and the O's were hugs? My entire world will be turned inside-out if I've been wrong about that for all these years!

Cooooool!!! Thanks for linking that thread! (how do you link a thread?! I can't quite figure it out). I never saw those shirts at the Toronto show...At least I don't remember them...I LOVE the promo book! Was that selling at her shows? Where did you get it? I printed off the Survival Guide in pdf from the website, is it the same thing?!

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

I always thought that the X's were kisses though, and the O's were hugs? My entire world will be turned inside-out if I've been wrong about that for all these years!

I've had this discussion with everyone I know, here is my explanation for why kisses are o's and why hugs are x's:

Kisses are o's because you can't cross your lips into a x-shape, and when you hug someone (we're not talking English hugs here) you squeeze them so tight that your arms usually cross behind their back: thus, the arms make an x-shape. I can understand why o's would be hugs too, since you loop your arms round one another, but how do you explain the x's to be kisses? I guess, according to answerbag.com, there is a story to counter mine:

"This tradition started with the Medieval practice of allowing those who could not write to sign documents with an "X". This was done before witnesses, and the signer placed a kiss upon the "X" to show sincerity. This is how the kiss came to be synonymous with the letter "X", and how the "X" came to be commonly used at the end of letters as kiss symbols(**Fran interjects here with "I guess people didn't wear lipstick back then, which would explain why the kisses on top of the x's wouldn't show up as o's.) Some believed "X" was chosen as a variation on the cross symbol, while others believe it might have been a pledge in the name of Christ, since the "X" -- or Chi symbol -- is the twenty-second letter of the Greek alphabet and has been used in church history to represent Christ.) Another thought is that it came from Jewish immigrants who would sign with an O instead of an X because they did not wish to mark their word with the obviously non-Jewish cross the X represented."

So there's a couple of ways to look at it!

OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

(Jews and Christians)

~Fran