Sign in to follow this  
regina

Jenni Alpert invades from LA LA land...

CBGB's Gallery on Feb 2nd, there a fest that Jenni alpert is putting together, of art music and poetry and it promisses to be great... i really don't think i will play any piano songs (since there won't be a piano there...) but i will play 2 terribly terrible guitar songs, and a cappeller too, maybe... , but the point is who cares, there will be so many musicians,(most of whom i must admit i don't know- but i give a shout out to Joie DBG who kicks butt, everyone should hear him!he's closing the show) further details as i recieved them:

CBGB's Gallery on Feb 2nd, there a fest that Jenni alpert is putting together, of art music and poetry and it promisses to be great... i really don't think i will play any piano songs (since there won't be a piano there...) but i will play 2 terribly terrible guitar songs, and a cappeller too, maybe... , but the point is who cares, there will be so many musicians,(most of whom i must admit i don't know- but i give a shout out to Joie DBG who kicks butt, everyone should hear him!he's closing the show) further details as i recieved them:

well, i had no idea what to expect last night... but it turned out nice, jenni and hugh were real sweet, and though i didn't really know them, they gave a great friendly vibe all around... there was even a keyboard there... and so it made things easier by a lot... there was art donated by artists for the show and i belive there was an artist named "Stosh", (though if i got the name wrong correct me)... he had these big abstract painings, and one of them had a woman holding her hips and wearing a peasant dress and looking at the sky... but she wasn't really there, cause it was abstract, but i saw the intention of her trying to be there... and the bar tender there rocks, cause it is miss Tulip Sweet herself... she is a real great musician, and lives in brooklyn these days, i belive... you should check her out, i heard of her for the first time on a tape while riding through wisconsin as part of my buttefly farm duties... and she is from those spots originaly. Mississippi... also, I hung out with Michael and he is gonna give a "sea and yahts" cup i found on the sidewalk that night, a home... i told him to boil it first, though, before drinking from it, cause i think it was used for cleaning out painting brushes in its previous life, and if he drinks from it he might turn into a goat.(i did not tell him the goat part, cause i didn't want to scare him...) the last pleasant part of the night was listening to Joie DBG and his harmony partner Dibbs (dibbs?) sing new stuff... "It's not you, it's not me, it's the American way!" then Joie and Amy Hills, whom i met for the first time that evening, and i walked to the A train with them... in the hopes of going express, at least for a while... but it went local, and then it got stopped becasue of a "police investigation" and then i waited and waited, and then i waited for the sketchy elevators on 168th to take me to the 1/9... and walked into the dark apt at 3AM or there about... but it's ok, cause i was reading Pushkin's " Queen of Spades" for the first time, and it was an old good smelling leather book, with illustrations... good morning... today is marsha's birthday... she's a monkey just like me! hugs, reg