Sign in to follow this  
TommyD1030

Looking for MP3's of Regina

Hey all...I'm new around these boards and just recently became a fan of Regina Spektor. I've heard some refer to her as the female Bob Dylan, and I had to check out what she was all about. I was wondering if anyone here would be nice enough to post some MP3's that they may have of studio version songs of Miss Spektor's. I would really appriciate it! Thanks alot!

Tommy

Hey all...I'm new around these boards and just recently became a fan of Regina Spektor. I've heard some refer to her as the female Bob Dylan, and I had to check out what she was all about. I was wondering if anyone here would be nice enough to post some MP3's that they may have of studio version songs of Miss Spektor's. I would really appriciate it! Thanks alot!

Tommy

TommyD

The NPR online stream of the live show this Tuesday Oct. 4th, will contain portions of her set with a full band. That show will be archived on the NPR site and is probably your best bet to get a comprehensive listen to Regina's old & new sounds, from the jazzy acapella to the full blown band.

Don't worry about all the flak that you're getting. Sharing music is not the evil that some make it out to be, and from Regina's own mouth at a show in the UK, it's something to be embraced (that was long before the new album came out mind you).

Alternatively, you can go to ReginaSpektor.net and get some live stuff... it's just as good as her studio recordings in the sense of her performance, and sometimes the sound quality is right up there as well.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

Don't worry about all the flak that you're getting. Sharing music is not the evil that some make it out to be

Flack? I beg to differ. I'm telling him how to get the "studio" versions of her songs....Legally. I guess you haven't had any acquaintances that the RIAA has gone after. Oh that's right, you're in Canada where I assume they have no jurisdiction?

What's to be embraced is all the other material such as what you and a_secret_chord mentioned. That's all fair game.

For being such a staunch supporter of Regina I'm actually surprised that you would find her studio versions fair game. Why does she sell discs at her concerts? Why are there no links to download mp3's on her site?

Anyway I have no intention of going back and forth with you on this. My opinion stands and you are entitled to express yours.

Have a great day!