Sign in to follow this  
TheArtPal

Montreal show at le national, october 8th

It was so fantastic..3 days after im so stunt...it was just...Wow!

C'était vraiment merveilleux, 3 jours apres je repense au spectable et jen ai encore le souffle coupé. Regina est si belle, si vrai. Et quel sourire!!! j'en ai encore des frissons de quand elle a chanté Samson.

First off, a sidenote: Before the Montreal show began I had gone to the bathroom and my friends were talking about me. All of a sudden, someone asked "Are you talking abou the Fran from Facebook?" and of course, they were! So when I got back I got to meet one of the facebook members, cool huh? (Cool things always happen to me when I come back from the bathroom, last time, I met Regina herself!) Later it turned out that the facebook person I met couldn't get home, so they stayed with my friend and I in our Montreal hotel! Isn't that a cool story? Facebook can save your but, and you meet cool people in the process! Anyways, back to the concert! Only Son was great, I really like him now...I'm listening to his cd right now. I yelled out "Go Jack!" Before he starting playing and he smiled! He had this really funny way of advertising his myspace page: he put on some 'haunted house' like music and said: "Go to Myspace http://www.myspace.com/only_son Yeah, I know, the underslash really sucks". And you can guess what happened next: REGINA WAS AMAZING! She was wearing these great red suede boots, orange skirt (they didn't match, but whatever, she can pull anything off!) and a shiny silver camisole with a matching flower hair peice. She was 3 meters in front of me, and I'm so tall, I was practically eye level with her, despite her being on the stage! She introduced her "international Men of Mystery" as her band, who were cute and shy. It was their first "internationl Tour Together" (cause Canada is so international!) Regina was sublime, she was so happy and excited, her voice was the best I've ever heard it. I used to think that the 'real Regina' would be lost if she ever used an accompanying band, but I tell you I was wrong, the band was great and added such a great dynamic, we were actually able to rock out to "Maryann" and "Your Honour". Regina played a lot of songs, half way through she played the evil trick of pretending the concert was over...I think her encore was the other half of the concert, she must have played at least 10 songs after we all stomped so loud we brought her out again...After the concet, I was amazing how everyone left so quickly, I went up to only son and asked him if he could sign my homemade Regina shirt (see the pics) and he did. He said "Regina would probably really like to see this!" I asked if she could come out to sign it, but they were heading to Toronto that night, and were busy packing up, so I went behind a bar and stripped off my shirt (put on a sweater of course) so that Only Son could take the shirt (as well as my friend's ipod and Regina's set list) backstage for her to sign. He did, and the world was wonderful. I will be posting pics of the shirt as soon as I can get around to it! Oh yeah, how could I forget?! I also met JonhnnyC outside the Notre Dame de Montreal! So now I've met 2 people through internet communities, which is a little much for my anti-internet community ego, but I guess this is the way technology has changed the world...It's weird, but cool.

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Williams:

I have some pictures, but I'm only going to post one, because I've had bad experiences with people stealing my photos before.

So

How did people steal your photos? Were you up front? Either you have a great zoom lens or you were in the front row! Which was it? If it was the latter you probably saw me, I was the tall one with short blonde hair...Sound familiar? Can I email you and get special credited permission to use some photos? I'm trying to make a little video compilation of the concert...I can post it up here later!

Hey Fran, some people stole a load of Rilo Kiley photos off me and took credit for them, so I don't post my stuff on public forums anymore.

I was in the second row and front row for a short while, tall guy (seemed like I was pretty much the tallest person there), lots of (long) brown hair, right in front of guitar playing Regina.

I also have some vids, but they're not very good quality.

You could either facebook me, or e-mail me for higher quality photos, as long as you don't mind the high quality ones being watermarked. So at either

mdw5@aber.ac.uk or matthew.williams3@mail.mcgill.ca

My review of the concert:

Amazing!!! AMAZING! Last time, I also saw her in Montreal a half a year ago and she was really good. This time, it was SO much more amazing. I really enjoyed everything she did with the band. They didn't take over her songs, the band added to them really well. I was right in front of her, so I got eye contact often. And got a few real good pics (see above). Only Son was pretty funny with the rediculous German comments, and played off the "german guy" in the audience well. I met some people there from the Canadian Chapter Facebook group and they saved me from sleeping in the bus station for the night.

Yeah, it was a great concert...

And compared to the TO show, a way more polite audience!

...It was SO AWESOME

But most of all, she looked as though she enjoyed herself too!

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Williams:

You must have been pretty close to me then, although I was closer to the guitar playing Regina.

well, i think i was near a lot of people actually.

Smiler

thanks people for the pics

LUVTHECANADIAN!!! That was YOU that stayed with Fran?? CRAZY! I met up with her the next day - randomly, in Old montreal. Shame you and I missed each other!

Anywho, here are my PICTURES with an example below. Can YOU see Fran's head (and homemade Regina Shirt, which was later signed)? I CAN!

Ohhh, also here's one of the VIDEOS that I took in an extremely shaky fashion. Try not to get sick while watching. I had the video screen off as a courtesy to the people sitting next to me, so I wasn't able to keep'er steady. 'Dem screens is brightness, doncha know. Noone wants that in their face.

265865420_f1b743dcb1.jpg